Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAMPERS HIT BY THIEVES- ongoing issue and inaction by local authorities

CAMPERS HIT BY THIEVES- ongoing issue and inaction by local authorities

Hi all
    This appeared on COCIA and wanted to share it with everyone just to get out there the low acts that some people commit and the inaction of local authorities to do anything about it.
    Please read and if you feel so inclined please follow the link and or email the local member with your views.

This post has received over 100,000 views on here and been shared on over 1,200 pages. There are a large number of people unhappy with what has been described as inactivity by the authorities.

As a result I have posted this on the local member of parliament, David Gibson's Facebook page.

If you still have strong feelings about this you may wish to follow up on that page at https://www.facebook.com/DavidGibsonMP

Alternately you may wish to email Mr Gibson at Gympie@parliament.qld.gov.au and also share your views.

As has been stated the authorities need to act on these matters and sometimes people power helps.
    A WARNING MESSAGE IF YOU EVER CAMP AT INSKIP POINT

POSTED BY Mary Duffy-Sempf.

THIS HAPPENED TO MARY - DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU.

Hey guys as a matter of courtesy... could I warn your followers to chain everything up when you go camping... We went camping at Inskip at rainbow beach east of gympie and got robbed Thursday night... generator... box of food... box of camping cooking gear...(very expensive stuff including my camp ovens ) table chairs... we had to come home after one night as we never had the funds to replace... We are in our 60's and will think twice before we go camping again…

This always happens in the middle of the night ... we were sleeping not 6 ft away in my campervan and never heard the mongrels... all was packed up and put away neatly in the gazebo attached to the van with 3 sides but 2 doorways and they came inside we even had the generator in a plain box with dirty clothes on top to disguise.... almost everyone in our general area lost something that night... we spoke to the woman at national parks... he who dishes out the permits... and said they should at least warn everyone that this is a regular occourence, and she said 'The locals wouldn't like us doing that it would give the area a bad image'.... HA HA well I think it has a bad image for lack of something being done about this, as there is only one way in and out of inskip by road and surely vehicles monitored at night could be a start... They had been hitting the campers every second or third night last week... they had to come into our confined area to steal our gear... I am still angry and knowing how much it will cost to replace makes me angrier....

Mrs H

Re: CAMPERS HIT BY THIEVES- ongoing issue and inaction by local authorities

if campers were alerted to the problem when getting their permits, im sure the pricks would get caught by a light sleeper, or a trap set for them

Lowest of low acts IMO stealing from a campsite! Steel boxes, chains and padlocks only way to store your stuff in places like that!

That's really low theiving out of camps, we have decided to use the the wiki camps app and only stay in places that let us have the dog . It's a little inconvenient but it will stop them dead at night the bastards .... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I'm a father of three young girls 2,5 and 8 they love camping if someone came in at night whilst we were asleep and stole our gear they wouldn't go camping again .
    I have lovely shiney expensive camping gear (needed to run 3 girls and mum) if someone wants to borrow it to use as bait up there grab it and beat the $#it out of these scumbags I'll even pay for your fuel and camping permit.
    Scum , unaustralian scum.

Hi
    I can remember never having to worry about your camp. When I was down south we used to set up our camp a few days before xmas and leave it and nothing would ever get touched.
    My brother and a group were camped double island a few years back and everything in the boat was lifted overnight. Low lifes.

We camp Bribie mostly and leave our camp regularly to go fish and go get supplies at least once in the week. Reckon from now on will be staying at camp and hubby can go.

Point made that people should be warned when getting the permits but that may mean loss of revenue if people start thinking twice about going there. Can't see people being warned and really can't see the Authorities doing much either. They probably have an idea of who it is but just sit back and let it slide.

Mrs H

I've seen a whole caravan park get done. They took everything they could get their hands on, thongs, towels you name it. We got a rego number and the police gave us the address and told us to go around and get our stuff back. There was no one home but the theives stole a bottle of lemonade on the way to Sydney with the stuff and the police were called. I got my diving gear about a year later.

Ronnie,

Inskip Point is the only place I ever had gear stolen from while camping.

I put this down to ease of access for a low-lifes. They will not pay the fees to get to Fraser etc and therefore find mainland based camping areas easy targets.

You'll probably see these ferets hanging around the closet town to camp grounds during the day. Casing the campers as they arrive, then make thier moves at night.

It is a sad day when you can't leave your camp gear alone to have a fish or have a sleep.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi Phil
    We camped at Inskip a few years back and had no problems at all but sadly things change. It is a large area there at it would not be hard to sneak in to camp from the beach or via the road.
    What a pity things are getting so bad.

Mrs h

The locals would suffer greatly if the tourists stopped going there and if it becomes publicised then this is what will happen. I wouldn't be too surprised if a couple of offenders get a knock on the door one night. Hopefully they don't end up as crab bait
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Ronnie copied this from my Camp Oven Cooking Facebook Page. Seems that literally hundreds of campers are getting done over up at Inskip.

We are trying to get some action through the local MP as well as the Gympie Times newspaper.

If you want to help do as was said in the original post by Ronnie and write to David Gibson MP.

Here is a link to the original thread on Facebook. Lots of interesting reading there. https://www.facebook.com/86539734439...51513231029440

Cheers

Derek

Good luck getting Gibson to do anything. Even us local can't. Won't even pay his speeding fines.

You would have to be both stupid and ballsy! I tell you what If I even catch some one near my gear when camping I absolutely spit it. If I found some one actually in the process of taking my things god help them.

Its absolute bullshit that you have to put all your stuff under lock and key. You know what you own so keep your hands off the stuff you don't!

So we're organising a live bait session at inskip one night to catch ourselves a real life robber?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    So we're organising a live bait session at inskip one night to catch ourselves a real life robber?
    We'll put you in charge.

Mrs H