Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAMPERS HIT BY THIEVES- ongoing issue and inaction by local authorities

Re: CAMPERS HIT BY THIEVES- ongoing issue and inaction by local authorities

I'll put plaster in their food and whack em in the guts in the morning........heard it works well.

Inskip point has sunk to a new low. Getting ransack while you're at camp!!!

What everyone can do and I certainly do it is hook up 12V motion sensor lights, like this one
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-AC-DC...item5d3f027cdd

So when you're sleeping and anyone or anything(wild life) creeps up on you would be pick up and lights on.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

It probably won't do much seeing as there are so few, 'REAL', Police and all the rest are in offices somewhere or assigned to Traffic Branch, but as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the most oil. It might be a good idea to report these thefts etc. over the phone to the Police on phone 131 444 and perhaps the, 'Brass', may delegate more operational officers to these issues.

Louis

What is the world coming too. I had a fellow try and break into my house recently. When I woke up and went to look he ran off. I thought to myself, "Well he knows I'm home now so he won't be back", so I went back to sleep. The next day my neighbour told me he had seen him try and break in again later that same night and when my neighbour turned his lights on he ran off again.

Since then my next door neighbours car has been broken in, things stolen off my other neighbours veranda and a friend of mine who popped over had his car vandalised outside my house whilst we were having a chat on a Friday night, by some criminals with nothing better to do.

It's starting to feel like we're living in South Africa.

Louis

Absolute scumbags! I have camped Inskip 3 times in the last 18 months and never had an issue. We camped from Sydney to Cooktown and back for 3 months and never lost a thing. Inskip point was one of my favourite spots! We left camp gear(tables, chairs, eskys and even beer unattended for hours during days while exploring and never had an issue. Night time we usually locked away the esky and thats it. Great spot, great locals, shame about the scum that comes and goes in the middle of the night.

Times have changed since when I was a kid. Never locked the car door when we went to the shops. And if we were just popping out for a while didn't bother to close the house up.

Louis

Just spoke to mate who was camping at inskip same weekend.

He lost about $1,000 worth of gear and 4 other campers around him lost things from generators to camp chairs.

If anyone is keen..... there are some undesirables that live in the Granville area that are known to frequent Inskip on " smash and grab " missions.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

It is a dam shame the way crime is going in this country. Pretty soon we will be like so many other crime ridden countries in the world.

Louis

We don't look after those who do the right thing, and we are far too light with those that do the wrong thing!

Just back from our last beach camp at Teewah/DI Point for the year as now its on to Canoeing and bush walking camps with our Connect Program boys (see http://www.su-connect.org.au/).

Our usual spot half way up the Teewah camping area was taken so we had to camp up near the northern end.

Strange thing happened.

We were on a back track behind the dunes and had bedded down for the night and about 3am nature called and I went out for a pee and on my way back a 4wd with 2 young guys comes howling down the track with aircraft lights blazing and stopped where I had parked across the track (to stop any chance of intruders during the night). Tide is low at this stage so plenty of room on the beach but these young guys were very stressed about the fact that I had blocked the track. Said I'd be in big trouble with the Rangers and would cop a fine for it for sure. I just said ok and made them go out to the beach as no way they were coming through and waking up our boys with their mobile disco. Disgruntled they left.

Again strangely a Ranger actually came through next morning. A first for me after about 12 trips. So I spoke with him about the incident and he agreed that the back tracks need to be available for emergencies at high tide but was totally fine with me parking where I did and stopping hoons from coming through our camp at night.

I wondered afterwards what the heck these 2 young fellas were doing driving about the camping zones at that hour of the morning??

Lets hope no one lost any gear at Teewah Friday night?

Very annoying and quite strange the whole incident. Certainly don't trust those guys and wanted to get the word out,

Mal

Never had a problem at Straddie.but its Flinders so its isolated. Having said that we normally have a german Shepherd or two and they dont like night visitors. Im about to embark on vanning and there will be 2 dogs in the Annex...they like a run at night...

Never had any probs at Noosa NS but haven't been there for years. For me its either isolation or a van park to reduce chance of theft.
    Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Mate did you report it to the cops as they usually know who the low life's are especially if hey are locals. They may also Come from Gympie as there are a lot of unemployed no hopers

Hi
    I keep wondering if the ones who do this are locals and are known to the police that is why half the time nothing is done. Is it too hard to prove for the Police or are they just too lazy to investigate it. Probably easier to let the locals get away with it than stir the pot to I reckon.

I hate hearing of crap like this and people who can least afford it being ripped off--

Mrs H