Thread: 2013 shimano stella

2013 shimano stella

I'm keenly awaiting Alan Hawks review on the new stella. In the meantime, does anyone own one and what do you think of them? Im assuming not too many people own one as a full container of high end shimano reels (including the new stellas) was apparently stolen or redirected to another country. I'm looking at getting a 4500 saltiga but i may change my mind and opt for a 8000 stella instead subject to reviews and opinions.
    Cheers boys
    Josh

Re: 2013 shimano stella

Yeh I've been waiting for Alan to put up his review too, he takes a while sometimes as I think he likes to use them for a while before posting his review.

I have a 13 sw8000pg and its fantastic, I can't say I like it more than the 08 though I have used it on 1 trip. I prefer the dark colouring over the silver.

With the current pricing mate I reckon the Penn Torque 5 is a better option in terms of value for money. It's an awesome reel. Checks Alan's review of the larger one and keep in mind those issues highlighted are pretty much sorted now.

You know what I think of my new 5000 Josh.....shame it didn't get an opportunity to prove itself on Sat though
    Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Yeh I've been waiting for Alan to put up his review too, he takes a while sometimes as I think he likes to use them for a while before posting his review.
    yeah thats very true but the wait is well and truly worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreeboy View Post
    With the current pricing mate I reckon the Penn Torque 5 is a better option in terms of value for money. It's an awesome reel. Checks Alan's review of the larger one and keep in mind those issues highlighted are pretty much sorted now.
    yeah cheers mate but i much prefer the saltiga or the stella from a cosmetic perspective. im sure the penn torque is a nice reel to use though

Quote Originally Posted by robtarr View Post
    You know what I think of my new 5000 Josh.....shame it didn't get an opportunity to prove itself on Sat though
    Cheers Rob
    yeah was a shame alright. i so wanted to see a bend in that new combo of yours..hopefully you get to blood it next trip

Hey guys - what does the swpbg stand for? Salt Water ...?? They also have others like swbhg and swbgx

SW is the current model and yes Salt Water. The B is the second run just released. The first was SWA.
    The last two letters are for gear ratio. XG for Extra high gear, HG, high gear and PG power gear.