Thread: Snapper Combo

Thumbs up Snapper Combo

I have read and read but still cant decide on a Snapper combo.

I fish 20 - 60 meters targeting medium snapper, I'll be using it mainly for plastics and jigging (lucanus).

I had thought a Baitrunner say 4000OC with a matching rod (Raider II Mexican fire ??). But having gone into BCF today the reel looked a bit small maybe because I have been fishing with gear that is too big.

I don't want to spend more than $250 on the combo if possible

Any suggestions

Re: Snapper Combo

Hey buddy I run a 6kg-10kg pfluger trion rod with a 5000 size reel. Rod is about 100 bucks, raiders are also good i see which is on special. LoL My combo is a little more expensive but great I have a 5000 stradic fj. Saying that when I fish in about 15 - 40 meters I use a 3000 reel with a 3-6kg rod, pfluger also. aim for a rod around 100 bucks and 150 for the reel, some cheaper braid from US but not sure how much after the aussie dollar hit against the US.

Thanks Mossy that rod look really good.

mate I use the abu veritas 5-9kilo for floatlining and also the odd plastic offshore mainly fish around the 55-75mtrs have done 90mtrs with it,absolute corker of a rod,mine is matched with a 5000 stradic fj ,my youngfella has his veritas matched to a fin nor byscayne 40 still a good little reel..think the youngfellas combo all up would be around what you are lookin at spending,anaconda has the veritas roods all the time at $119 and tackle warehouse at cooparoo has the reels for around the $100..i use whiplash pro line in 25lb in orange blaze

A 4000 size reel will be fine if your running braid, which i assume you are if your fishing plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    anaconda has the veritas roods all the time at $119
    They having a big sale on fishing gear starting on saturday (tomorrow for club members) so could be even cheaper.

No I dont work there.

Yes braid, excellent are the prices known yet, ie on the site? I just joined up.

yeah mate got that email as well

How does this look

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/p...d=326229#Cross

Abu Garcia Veritas combo for $159 (club price)..

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Hey buddy I run a 6kg-10kg pfluger trion rod with a 5000 size reel. Rod is about 100 bucks, raiders are also good i see which is on special. LoL My combo is a little more expensive but great I have a 5000 stradic fj. Saying that when I fish in about 15 - 40 meters I use a 3000 reel with a 3-6kg rod, pfluger also. aim for a rod around 100 bucks and 150 for the reel, some cheaper braid from US but not sure how much after the aussie dollar hit against the US.
    +1 for the pfleuger. I have 2 rods and 1 reel and think they are awesome. Great value for money. And for the OP, i use a wilson 10lb-20lb rod and 3000 size diawa advantage for my offshore plastics fishing and highly recommend them. Reel around $200 and rod under $100 for memory... Hope that helps