Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reef Ball updates. MBMP

Re: Reef Ball updates. MBMP

While you are open and available to this subject, could you please tell us who and where we should enquire to find out how another project with approved materials could be raised and implemented in Moreton Bay without 6 figure plus red tape?

The Arti's in Moreton Bay come under the management of NPWS and Steve Hoseck is the man to speak to about this.

You can contact Mr Steve Hoseck from NPWS on steve.hoseck@nprsr.qld.gov.au or by phone on 07 3131 2851

The reefs in the last program cost $2,000,000 and $200,000 went to " management "... NPWS.

No matter what project one gets invloved with, the Govt will always have Red Tape.. no avoiding that.
    cheers LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 10-07-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Phil and Mark. I know one, and maybe both.... of you do a lot of work to further the interests of recreational fishers. Thanks again.

I remain unconvinced that a 80cm ball can do much good.... but I've been wrong lots of times before so maybe I am here too.

In any case it's good that artis are being produced and long may that continue.,.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

I am getting closer to the source of funding for the reefs.

Dear Mr Kliese

Thanks again for your reply.

TMR can't accept submissions for the artificial reef program. These should be sent to the Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing (NPRSR) per Mr Steve Hoseck of that department's National Parks and Wildlife Service (contact details provided in the earlier email). Mr Hoseck is included as a cc addressee so that he can take the matter of future artificial reef placements on the Queensland coast up with you directly.

Protocols preclude our team contacting MP's direct. MP's normally contact the appropriate minister (in this case Minister for NPRSR) whose ministerial staff request a briefing from departmental officers to enable the minister to respond to the MP.

We hope this helps and wish you success with pursuing your brief.

copyright........... TMR Qld. & me

LP

FWIW,

I have had a brief discussion with a researcher / scientist from CSIRO in regard to Artificial Reefs and their many advantages. The position of this staffer lends itself to being in a ideal situation to evaluate my agenda.

If you want some light reading, pop into the website and look at vids and PDF's on ....... Megatrends.

http://www.csiro.au/Portals/Partner/Futures.aspx

What they are doing will not necessarily be clear in relation to Artificial Reefs, but once they became aware of the potential and uses of these Reefs, their ears lifted up and the corolation could easily be drawn.

I believe the more I ( we ) spread the word, the more appropriate ears will hear it.

cheers LP