Thread: maroon dam queens bday wkend

maroon dam queens bday wkend

gday all,

hope you enjoyed your long weekend.

just returned from maroon dam with the family.

we managed about 30 redclaw and one eel-tail cattie.

caught the cattie on earth worm. the crays were caught on ham bones , pillies, spuds and

apples.

other people looked like they were catching more crays than us. we fished our pots in

water varying from 5 to 8 m. does this sound correct? were we on target with the bait?

wifey and I and our niece had a visit from qld boating and fisheries. we left our licence in

the car and gracefully they let us off.

our pots were also checked by the fisheries staff and because ours had our name address

and number on them they were returned to the water.

other fishers who did not comply with the rules lost their pots.

you never know when they will turn up.

cheers joe

Re: maroon dam queens bday wkend

no problems to fish maroon dam fish are biteing on live shrimp plenty of red claw in the dam using fish frames i have one of the best jobs i manage camplakefire so if you need help just let us know bassman99

Re: maroon dam queens bday wkend

If you are red clawing, did you see in this month's edition of bush n beach fishing about the fine associated with returning any red claw to the water....$220K. Obviously fisheries consider them a pest and want them removed, so I wonder why fisheries were taking peoples traps that were not labelled correctly. I'm guessing the fisheries officer likes red claw too!