Thread: No Donuts but a Sweetie

No Donuts but a Sweetie

Hey all,

Took a mate out to Mud on Friday chasing the ever elusive Snapper. After drifting around for a few hours, watching every move Netmaker aka (Davo) made and with only 3 by 45ish cm snaps in the esky we moved to the Western side for a look. Did 2 drifts with no results, was at the end of the third drift when all hell broke loose. The dead stick I had out took off, the sound of the screaming reel was music to the ears. As I picked up the rod, ready to do battle all went quiet, lift the rod to see what was happening and off we go again. I am in a good fight with what I believe to be a snodger snapper, when I feel the line passing through some Wire Weed. BUGGER !!! With very light mono on, (thanks Mossy) all is lost and the fight is over. 1 nil to the snapper. Did 5 more drifts over this area for zip. Moved to the east side to lick my wounds and ended up bagging a nice Sweet Lip. 40 odd cm caught on a Dayoo 1/8 jig with a Z Man curl grub. At least we came home with a feed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIMG0007.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	93427

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Re: No Donuts but a Sweetie

Nice sweetie Mark. Only cold doughnut for me today.

Cheers
    Bazza

Me too for donut today

Well done.

We got zero too but did have three fish I know would have made it if we cut the throat and stroked the tails down and at the time I thought nope we will do better - but heading home with zero I reflected on it and thought differently.

Nice day out weather wise but a bit like Christmas shopping in Westfields in the sales when the shelves are empty but the the people are everywhere.
    Cheers

Trev