Thread: Fish with avocado mash and toasted almonds - easy as!

Fish with avocado mash and toasted almonds - easy as!

Made this last night and it was super easy.

Coat a white fish fillet without skin in corn flour seasoned with cracked pepper and garlic salt. Corn flour comes up beautifully when fried..

Heat a good splash of peanut oil ( or other oil) over a high heat and place the fillet in, flip it when u think that side is cooked, should be light brown and crispy. When both sides are done rest the fillet on a plate and throw some slivered almonds into the pan, cook for a minute or two being careful not to burn, turn/flip regularly. I add a bit of sesame oil to the peanut oil for extra flavour btw.

To serve coat the top of the fish with an avocado mash/ guacamole thats just mashed avocado and lime juice to taste then sprinkle the slivered almonds on the top.

Oh no need to cover the fish when resting as you don't want that flour coating going soggy, it can just rest on a plate.

Thickness of avocado mash to your liking, it's avo season up here so i put a good thick layer on, yum! If you just have the one avo a thin covering on the fish would still work.

Enjoy!

Re: Fish with avocado mash and toasted almonds - easy as!

I'll take a photo next time as it looks pretty nice too..

Sounds yummy

Quote Originally Posted by becka85 View Post
    Sounds yummy
    it is!