Thread: Tweed Tailor

Tweed Tailor

G'day all. Popped down to the Tweed yesterday for this nice little fella. Got him on a 30 gram slug- glad I beefed up the leader to 60lb or I woulda never lifted him through the rough water and up the rocks. Lost another two and landed a few small choppers then nearly got blown off my perch.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BL3ql3mCYAE0r6o.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	93346

Re: Tweed Tailor

Nice one jim_bream. Did you spot any blackfish darting around the rocks, there was some a couple of weeks back but then they dissapeared? Ben

No Ben, however I saw an older gent catching them from the mouth of the Tully Creek on wed. Doing quite well from what I could see too!

Was he fairly tall with a big grey beard? Could have been my mate Peter.

Hey jim nice tailor. I watched a fella pull a nice one on the seaway wall this morning. Lots of people fishing there !
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Good one Jim, well done mate, yeah light leaders are no good, heavy leaders are the go, as you said, 20lb is not strong enough, I use 80lb Jinkai for those areas.

Kingcray, Southport seawall sucks, you need to be there early before the gulls get up and claim a good perch before everyone else turns up.

Tweed Head wall and Kingscliff as well as Cabarita doing well.

Bondy

That's him alright, reminded me of one of the fellas from Duck Dynasty lol How you been going lately Carnster? Tweed is n't firing like it normally does this time of year... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jim_bream View Post
    That's him alright, reminded me of one of the fellas from Duck Dynasty lol How you been going lately Carnster? Tweed is n't firing like it normally does this time of year... :-(
    Yeah haven't fished the tweed this year, been paddling the yak instead and loving it. Scored my 4th yak hoo in 5 weeks this morn. Went 1.65m to the fork. 30kg.
    regards Chris.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoovert.jpg 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	93529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoooooa 2.jpg 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	93528  

How you been Chris?. Havent seen a post for a while then boom a 30kg hoo from a yak!!! lol Nice fish mate i am going to have to bribe you to come for a trip on my boat.. do you like beer?
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Quote Originally Posted by nathank View Post
    How you been Chris?. Havent seen a post for a while then boom a 30kg hoo from a yak!!! lol Nice fish mate i am going to have to bribe you to come for a trip on my boat.. do you like beer?
    Yeah mate i haven't been posting my catches since late last year.
    I like fishing more than beer Nathan, happy to tag along one day. Check out the Gopro snippet:

Good to see your still braining them carnster, ive been missing your reports!

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Good to see your still braining them carnster, ive been missing your reports!
    Thanks mate, yeah been catching plenty of fish, might do a summer highlights report.

Quote Originally Posted by carnster View Post
    Thanks mate, yeah been catching plenty of fish, might do a summer highlights report.
    Would be good to see more footage on the gopro mate! Is the bag over the wahoo head just to protect your feet from the teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Would be good to see more footage on the gopro mate! Is the bag over the wahoo head just to protect your feet from the teeth?
    Mainly just to keep the fish on the yak Cobiaman. I tail wrap any big fish so i don't loose them in the surf. I have a lot of footage that i need to process when i get time plenty of good fish to show.