Thread: 4wd Beach access for NSW north coast

4wd Beach access for NSW north coast

Hey guys, I am fishing the Cabarita Greenback comp this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any links to allowable areas that I can get the Land Rover down on the beach on the NSW North coast . Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: 4wd Beach access for NSW north coast

Sorry mate,
    Only if you've got a disability card and then apply to the local council.
    Brett

very few NSW beaches have legal access, best bet would be to see the local council and hope for the best.

Shark Bay at Iluka, South Ballina Beach at Ballina (duhh) and I think there's another one or two between Byron and Tweed. I don't think you're allowed as South as Iluka

I spoke to the guy who runs the event and he is selling passes on the day with maps to areas that allow access. What's this only with disability cards? That's a total crock?

No permit needed for south Ballina beach. Access it by catching the ferry over the Richmond from South Ballina and head towards the south wall. Seven Mile beach, just north Lennox head, permit required, can get it from Caltex sevrvo on your way in from the north.
    No big secret spots but sure produce some fantastic fish at times.......and always enjoy a drive and fish along either beach.
    JN

Stone,
    If you know it all mate why ask you pillick?

No mention of area he is talking about there that i could see. I drive on Seven Mile beach all the time as well as South Ballina so dont know where you are gettin the disability permit thing from mate.........
    JN