Thread: Best Ever Rissoles

Best Ever Rissoles

Best Ever Rissoles
    You’ll need up to 1.5kgs of mince or there abouts.
    850 gms lean beef mince
    400gms pork or lamb mince
    1.5 cups bread crumbs
    2 eggs
    Good sprinkle of Salt & Pepper
    1 - 2 table spoons Cayenne pepper
    ˝ cup tomato sauce
    ˝ cup bbq sauce
    Good sprinkle chicken salt
    1 cup finely diced fresh coriander
    1 whole diced onion
    1 table spoon Tumeric ( fresh or powder )
    1 table spoon-ish of Honey….. yes Honey….. !!
    3 heaped table spoons of Peanut Paste… yes………………

Add garlic if need be.

Hand mix all ingredients. Glad wrap the bowl and place in fridge overnight.
    Spread flour over cutting board, decide if you want meatballs or full size rissoles or hamburger patties and grab enough in your hand to make one. Roll in flour and cook in Olive oil. You must taste test one of the first ones J Mini rissoles go great in some full bodied gravy and some veggies on the side J

I made these this morning........... needless to say, I tasted a " few "..

If you want to make these to take camping, add a tin or two of mixed veggies and make rissoles large. They can be frozen and thawed at leisure when the evenings meal ( complete ) is required.

cheers

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Best Ever Rissoles

We always fight about Rissoles in our place, I like sausage mince, because it's ground fine, my wife like premium mince with low fat content, recently I discovered Woolworths Chicken sausages (they must be woolies brand) you squeeze the contents out of the skin and mould it into a rissole, each sausage makes one medium size rissole, just cooked with a light spray of oil in a non stick pan, they come out fantastic, and certainly a contender for the "best rissole ever" some coleslaw, or mashed potatoe, they are fantastic! Of course being supermarket sausages, they might come with a warning "caution, may contain traces of meat".......

Aaaaahhhhhh kefftethgia (reeeesoles) , Haveta pry the recipe offa the Missus but by far she makes the best Keftethgia around or so my Kids n Grankids think , not to mention SILs.
    She uses both Lamb n Pork MInce and a handfull of other shyte she keeps secret though m sure i wouldnt be far offa the truth if i had to make them lol...

Sorry busy tryin ta fix the Wifes Ricecream she kinda stuffed up lol , otherwise ide add more to the Keftathgia ..
    Ever made Ricecream ??..

I think we have 2 threads here, Rissoles and Meat Balls, like chalk and cheese.
    Phill, try some finely shredded zucchini in your rissoles, adds a very nice texture and flavour to them.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

It's funny, my grandkids won't eat rissoles, but they love meat balls...which in fact are just rissoles left round! They also won't eat stew, but can't get enough casserole, which is just a fancy name for stew. it's all in the advertising I guess.

I disagree on a rissole being a flattened meat ball, the local tavern does meatballs and I tried it once, big flattened ones but meatballs all the same. Too heavy on the stomach. It's like "mushroom sauce" that a lot of places use which is just gravy with mushrooms added as Mushroom sauce needs to be made with cream but that's the label they put on it unfortunately.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Got the family coming over for our Monday night family dinner at our place, and everyone wants some of my "famous" chicken rissoles, little do they know that they are just woolies sausages squeezed out of their skin! Probably have some salad and eat out on the balcony seeing as it's going to be a rare warm day.