Thread: 1770/Agnes

1770/Agnes

My first fishing report guys so go easy

After uumming and ahhing all day Thursday the decision was made at 3.38pm to hit the road to Agnes.
    A few clothes and some cold beverages were thrown in the back and at 4.18pm we were sailing past the Big Pineapple!!
    I am lucky enough to know a bloke who has a 5.2m Kevlacat stored at Agnes for our use which saves towing a tub up that goat track that is the Bruce Highway.
    We had booked in to stay at a new holiday let duplex http://www.homeaway.com.au/holiday-rental/p3483605 in the middle of Agnes and a quick phone call ensured the keys would be available upon our arrival at 9pm.

The forecast for Friday was red hot and we ducked out to a few marks around South Bustard in hope of a few spanish and some reefies.
    Only one average size mackeral was boated along with a few undersized Reds & the ever present Hussar!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	92625

The call was made on Friday night over a few beverages to head out to some marks just wide of Musgrave early Saturday morning.
    Well the old call of 'One more' saw us still up drinking well past bedtime!!
    We still managed to make it to the ramp by 5am and we sailed past Musgrave at about 6.30 due to the flat conditions.

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	92621
    First drop produced a couple of good tuskies and everything after that is a blur as we boated some honker Red Throat, horse Hussar, a good trout and even a green jobbie to mix it up. A short troll over some bait schools produced a nice yellowfin tuna.
    The willy weather boys got it a little wrong and the SW kicked up beyond 15kn and the call was made to punch it for home a little after midday.
    This gave us plenty of time to clean our catch and the boat and hit the Tavern for dinner . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1277.JPG 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	92622 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	92623
    It was a great extended weekend and we were back on the Coast for Sunday lunch!
    If you are looking at doing something similar I can highly recommend the Mangrove Jack or Lillypad duplex in Agnes. Very comfortable and can sleep 6-7 blokes with plenty of room to park your boats off the street. http://www.homeaway.com.au/holiday-rental/p3483605
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	92624  

Re: 1770/Agnes

Good report,some good fish there.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

you caught some awesome fish there.

well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Well done mate. the conditions were great Friday but yep Saturday wasn't what the doctor ordered. Those Yellow fin are getting around then. Nice job.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Thanks mate. I think you were filling up next to us on Friday at the caltex. We had the kevlacat
    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Well done mate. the conditions were great Friday but yep Saturday wasn't what the doctor ordered. Those Yellow fin are getting around then. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by keepitreel View Post
    Thanks mate. I think you were filling up next to us on Friday at the caltex. We had the kevlacat
    Nope not me mate.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Nice catch mate.Can't wait to get out there soon.

Mate well done good first post at least you made the call & went fishing caught fish had a good time & got to tell us all about it lets hope for many more positive reports

Quote Originally Posted by keepitreel View Post
    My first fishing report guys so go easy

After uumming and ahhing all day Thursday the decision was made at 3.38pm to hit the road to Agnes.
    A few clothes and some cold beverages were thrown in the back and at 4.18pm we were sailing past the Big Pineapple!!
    I am lucky enough to know a bloke who has a 5.2m Kevlacat stored at Agnes for our use which saves towing a tub up that goat track that is the Bruce Highway.
    We had booked in to stay at a new holiday let duplex http://www.homeaway.com.au/holiday-rental/p3483605 in the middle of Agnes and a quick phone call ensured the keys would be available upon our arrival at 9pm.

The forecast for Friday was red hot and we ducked out to a few marks around South Bustard in hope of a few spanish and some reefies.
    Only one average size mackeral was boated along with a few undersized Reds & the ever present Hussar!!

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	92625

The call was made on Friday night over a few beverages to head out to some marks just wide of Musgrave early Saturday morning.
    Well the old call of 'One more' saw us still up drinking well past bedtime!!
    We still managed to make it to the ramp by 5am and we sailed past Musgrave at about 6.30 due to the flat conditions.

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	92621
    First drop produced a couple of good tuskies and everything after that is a blur as we boated some honker Red Throat, horse Hussar, a good trout and even a green jobbie to mix it up. A short troll over some bait schools produced a nice yellowfin tuna.
    The willy weather boys got it a little wrong and the SW kicked up beyond 15kn and the call was made to punch it for home a little after midday.
    This gave us plenty of time to clean our catch and the boat and hit the Tavern for dinner . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1277.JPG 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	92622 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	92623
    It was a great extended weekend and we were back on the Coast for Sunday lunch!
    If you are looking at doing something similar I can highly recommend the Mangrove Jack or Lillypad duplex in Agnes. Very comfortable and can sleep 6-7 blokes with plenty of room to park your boats off the street. http://www.homeaway.com.au/holiday-rental/p3483605

Does the 5.2 kc come with it..........

It certainly is a great place, so many options...........
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Some cracker tuskies and RT's there mate, thanks for the report,

mike
    Tangles KFC

Great effort on your first post mate and a great mixed bag of reefies. U should give some thought to tagging along to the meet and greet held there in September, a great time with some great blokes.... Oh and the fishing goes alright too

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

We were talking about the M & G whilst there and it is on the list.

Trymyluck the KC does not come with the unit unfortunately!!