Thread: Beach driving from Tewantin to Inskip peninsula

Beach driving from Tewantin to Inskip peninsula

Hi All,
    Has anyone ever travelled from Tewantin to Inskip via the beach? Thought it might be a good day out with the family, but have no idea what the trip involves. Is it easy going or hard 4WDing. Interested to hear experiences.
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

Re: Beach driving from Tewantin to Inskip peninsula

Did it years ago in a Rav4. Great day out.

Permit required.

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloola/about.html

On and off at the Cuttings can be touch and go.

You can't get to the tip of Inskip by beach, due to sink hole forming a couple of years ago.

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/in...ula/index.html

Great day out though. Easy driving and lovely scenery.

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks guys
    I'll find a free weekend and head up there for a day out.

Cheers, Kero
    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

I think you need be to warned about Mudlo Rocks. Has clamied many vehicles.

Especially with the erosion that occurred a few months ago, I'd suggest trying to get some opinions from people that have been quite recently. Do you need to go all the way to Rainbow to make a good day trip ? I reckon up the beach, over the Leisha Track to DI would make a much more enjoyable day trip. (even more so if coming from and returning to Brisbane same day) But thats me.

Suggesting reading the conditions report, which can be found in the first link Phil provided.

+1 for the drive up to the norther side of DI point. Makes for a great family day drip. If you have kids the lagoon on the northern side of the headland is the perfect place for them, particularly if the wind has any southerly direction as the headland and dunes will give you a bit of shelter. Do a walk up to the lighthouse from the Southern side of the headland, explore the rocks and admire the view from the northern side or just set up a shelter and BBQ besdie the lagoon and relax. Time your travel with the tides for best results, i.e. early morning low for the trip up, midday high, to keep the bogans at bay, falling afternoon tide for the trip back down the beach. There are rocks exposed between Teewah and the northshore cutting but I travelled over these at high tide on Saturday arvo without issue, bigger tides or swells may have more of an affect on this situation though.

Have fun!!!

Kev