Thread: Lake Moogerah or Lake Maroon

Lake Moogerah or Lake Maroon

Hey fello fishos, has any fished Lake Moogerah or Lake Maroon. If so what is the best way to go about it this time of year ie. what technique lures etc..

cheers,

Stone.

Re: Lake Moogerah or Lake Maroon

Went out to maroon 2 weeks ago, it was hard fishing with all the weed and the ski boats, best stick with the hinze if u from the GC. Bait for winter, lures for summer, Although that is generalising, that is what keeps the fish coming in my experience.
    And also if you're into freshwater luring get an electric motor. (A must for hinze, electric only).
    Cheers

Re: Lake Moogerah or Lake Maroon

My Dad fished lake Moogerah about 10 years ago. Not sure what time of year but they were trolling divers. They got 51 Bass in a day. Nothing of any huge length but still an awesome day. I was just wondering if anyone had any success in recent times. I fished Hinze yesterday with no luck but my brand new battery packed it in. I got it tested and it is 100 amp hour and was brand new functioning at 50 amp hour. Needless to say i was peeved when it cut out and i had to row to the bank, leave my boat there overnight and go back with a new battery the next day. Got it all sorted now, I upgraded the 100 amp hour deep cycle to a 120 amp hour deep cycle AGM battery (one that actually works to its full capacity hopefully). That all happened yesterday and today - what an adventure (or more like pain in the butt).
    Stone