Thread: Vehicle access permits for ALL parks/reserves on the one permit

Vehicle access permits for ALL parks/reserves on the one permit

Hi All,

A mate of mine has started a petition to have vehicle access permits for ALL parks/reserves on the one permit. If you support this, please sign it. details below. Thanks.

G'day guys, I might have too much time on my hands but ...
    I've started the petition for Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service to issue vehicle access permits for ALL parks/reserves on the one permit.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/quee...e-one-permit-5

Here's why [I have said] it's important:
    Any vehicle cannot be driven in two different places at the same time. The current practice of charging hundreds of dollars for permits for each reserve is prohibitive for families and others wishing to enjoy the reserves and parks.
    Permit for Bribie Island Reserve is over $200 a year [also $30 / week] Moreton is more I think. Straddie a bit less. You probably need on for Cooloola and FRaser but I haven't been there for some time.

You can sign my petition by clicking here.
    Send this email on to anyone else you think might be interested.

Re: Vehicle access permits for ALL parks/reserves on the one permit

Annual vehicle permit for Bribie is $126.

Whilst I agree in principal, I reckon they would make an all-in-one permit too expensive to be worthwhile for anyone who doesnt frequent all locations. I guess this is all about making it affordable, but couldnt see them doing an all in one pass for any less than 300. They would need to keep an option of buying separately.

Unless you frequent locations often, I think the monthly passes are a reasonable cost. For me the prohibitive cost for going to Moreton is the price of the barge rather than the vehicle permit.

I have an annual pass for Bribie, and buy a monthly pass when going to Fraser, which I have been twice in last 12 months, so thats about 200 in permits in one year.

Yearly Straddie pass is still $37 (now done through national parks as per the other permits).

I think the Moreton, Bribie and Fraser permits are a bit steep at $40 a go (1 month) but I don't know if they'll ever go for the single permit covering all parks. Having said that, NSW have a single permit (excluding Kosciuszko I think) so a precedent of sorts has been set.

i wish they would combine the fraser island and the cooloola coast as one permit

we go once a year to fraser and would like to drive up the cooloola coast beach on the way up and back

dont really want to pay just for that

make you feel like just running the gauntlet and playing dumb ( not so hard for me ) if pulled over

Scotty, they do have a combined Fraser/Cooloola permit. It costs more than each single permit but is cheaper than buying both.

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/recreati...ss_permit_fees

I think a combined permit is a dumb idea. Everybody is greedy and looking to make more proffit anywhere they can. They will jump on this idea and charge a whopping great amount for permits if they cover all the zones. The guy who just wants to go to stradbroke for a week suffers the most.

"If it aint broke, dont try and fix it"

The current and past Governments hold firm the " User Pay " approach to most recreational activities.

Reason being, the funds generated per " area " mostly go back into that area and the Data collected will tell the Govt which areas are being frequently used and this will be used for distributing funds for management and manitenance.

I would be more happy with a User Pay system, where I only pay for the days I am in a " permit " area.

Why pay a months permit to go for a day trip to Bribie beach or Fraser Island. ??????????

State Forests are permit free now. As far as I know.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi all

Don't really agree with a combined permit. We don't go to Moreton or Straddie and only Cooloola and Bribie a few times per year. Bribie is only 126 per year and a weekly permit for teewah is about 12 bucks--or so it was last time we went. Can't justify paying lot more when we only use a couple of parks.

Agree Phil it would make more sense to only pay for the days you were there rather than buying weekly or monthly passes.

Mrs H