Thread: My Run In with Fisheries

My Run In with Fisheries

Took the boat out last week down the gold coast, to do a bit of whiting fishing, got myself a feed which i was happy about, as i had my car on the ramp about to retrive my boat the fisheries turned up at the ramp, only a small local ramp on the Coomera, and i was the only boat there.
    they Jumped out of their car and introduced themselves, said they were doing checks and they would wait while i got my boat out of the water,so putting my boat back on the trailer was a little hard with a strong cross current and i was struggling a bit, when low and behold the fisheries officer jumped in and gave me a hand winching the boat onto the trailer.
    got it out of the water and had a good chat to them, they checked my boat over and were on their way.
    A nice young Lady and a Guy,couldnt have left a better impression. From some of the stories ive heard about some officers, i think i lucked out. First time i have been checked in the 9 years ive lived in QLD.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Re: My Run In with Fisheries

Hey Bennykenny.....tell me it's not you I just bought the 5hp Soozie from with the spun prop ????

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

Hey Ray, Hope its Going well for you.
    Still waiting for those 9ft cast nets to come in, hopefully they wont be long.
    Cheers Brendon.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

G'day M8.....could NOT have been anyone other than your good self

Dont stress over the nets M8, dont think I will be chasing prawns anytime soon, am trying to get out this Sunday (markets are cancelled), but will be concentrating on fishing the southern bay....I Hope.

Wanna tag along ?

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

When you used the words "Run In" I was expecting something else. Good to hear though.
    I recon I would would normally get checked about twice a year, maybe because I fish freshwater 90% of the time and a often it's a comp where they know many will be attending. Most of the time they just want to see a current SIP. Come to think of it though I haven't been checked since this time last year, I wonder if their numbers or hours have been wound back.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by solemandownunder View Post
    G'day M8.....could NOT have been anyone other than your good self

Dont stress over the nets M8, dont think I will be chasing prawns anytime soon, am trying to get out this Sunday (markets are cancelled), but will be concentrating on fishing the southern bay....I Hope.

Wanna tag along ?

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.
    would love to Ray, but im working all weekend myself. hope you get onto a few.

No probs M8.....hope I meet a few nice Waterpolice/Fisheries meself