Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brisbane man nets big fine

Re: Brisbane man nets big fine

So, I am pessimistic, cynical, have little faith in the system of followup, love to see a copy of the
    receipt for the money, name of the individual, where apprehended, etc. etc.

Good on the fisheries, but how long has this person been flouting the law???????

Was this his/her first offence, where where the crabs being marketed, the whole story needs to be told.

As I said a good job by the Fisho's but lets have the whole story.

Haji-Baba

Brett Depper and the crew done a good job.

From my understanding since Newman Govt took over, Fisheries Recrutiment has ceased due to lack of funds or very little recruitment has taken place since the last pool of successful applicants. Qld Police are automatic Fisheries Inspectors these days. or should say Field Officers.

Bondy

As far as I am aware, convictions ( those convicted ) are public record.

I have made enquiries as to the status of obtaining the name of the perp.

Why does DAFF not release the name of the " criminal " when posting these " media Releases " ????

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hope they took his boat too!

Always good to see these fish/crustacean thieves get punished properly...I've never had mud crab, being a Vic and all, but one day...

Good value........
    In NZ they also would have taken all his gear, boat, car..anything that was used in the carriage of the offence.....they dont muck around over there

What an idiot

Thank you for your request for information on a reported case involving a Brisbane man convicted and fined $26,850 for multiple fisheries and marine offences.

Communications with the Registrar of the Brisbane Magistrates Court, Tony Roser, have resulted in the following details being made available:

On 8 May 2013, Thai Hoc NGUYEN was dealt with ex-parte in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on a range of offences pertaining to the Fisheries Act 1994 & the Transport Operations (Marine Safety) Act 1994. These offences occurred between 5 March and 22 April 2012.

NGUYEN was fined a total of $26,850.00 and ordered to pay costs of court of $81.10. NGUYEN was allowed 2 months to pay, and in default the fines and costs are to be referred to SPER.

There is no supression order and details are public record.

Now you know.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here