Thread: Bloody Polls!

Bloody Polls!

Bloody Polls!

Every time someone votes on a Poll it comes up as a new post when you search using the "New Posts" button. Can we please have this changed as it peeves me when you think there's a new post, just to find out that joe blogs has selected mullet guts as his preferred Bream bait!

While we're on the topic, can we limit the amount of polls that a member can start? Just pick the number of polls that grunahunta has started and make that the lifetime limit?!

Cheers,
    Jim

Re: Bloody Polls!

Maybe we can put it to a poll ? Sorry mate could not resist lol

Jim for president!!!!!

Nothing peeves me off more than someone voting on a poll two years after it was started only to be reignited for a while and constantly coming up as a new thread.

And while we are at it, can we make it that us tapatalk users can actually see the polls and vote on them???

My suggestion would be to limit the time that polls can be voted on to maybe a month. But i agree with the above comments as to poll votes popping up on view new posts and people voting on a two year old poll and it getting reignited
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Got a few hours spare so will look into it :-)

May have fixed it, but can't test it fully as if I vote on a poll it will not show up as a new post for me.

Can someone vote on a poll and let me know when they have done it.

I wish I had known this annoyed Jim so much. I would have voted on every poll ever.
    I just voted on 1 from 2008 and it didn't show up as a new post. Can we change it back just so I can annoy Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Bloody Polls!

Every time someone votes on a Poll it comes up as a new post when you search using the "New Posts" button. Can we please have this changed as it peeves me when you think there's a new post, just to find out that joe blogs has selected mullet guts as his preferred Bream bait!

While we're on the topic, can we limit the amount of polls that a member can start? Just pick the number of polls that grunahunta has started and make that the lifetime limit?!

Cheers,
    All sounds a bit whingy too me. I think you need to harden up. Silly new south Welshman.

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Bloody Polls!

Cheers,

Boat Hog, u silly old fart. I have started 4 polls in 11 years of being a member...that's about 1 every 3 years...bet you voted on them as well???...Lol....I respect ur right to have and state your opinion.....now to start a poll......lets see....have you voted in a poll...yes or no....lolololololol

Seriously though, the polls I have started have been designed to assist other members, such as "do we want an Ausfisf Fag"..."what colour for an Ausfish Flag"...Best Bream Bait....and yeah I agree The " who wants PinHead back" was a bit silly.. 3 out of 4 not bad..

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

The only poll im looking forward to is the next Federal poll.
    Outside of that i read poll posts once only and ignore them after that.
    As for any thread coming up in the new posts link, so it should if there is any activity at all.

I think the classifieds should be included in the new posts as well, somehow they skip that feature.

I only ever click the new posts button for this site, I do not trawl categories.
    Jack.