Thread: Newbie in Capalaba

Smile Newbie in Capalaba

G'day everybodies

Good to see this forum covers a wide range of topics & also a wide range of fishing areas.

We mainly fish south of Peel ( Potts Point ) to Kalinga Bank.

Just reading for now...will post as needed.

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

Blog Entries

Re: Newbie in Capalaba

Welcome Ray & Kerri

Lots of good stuff on hear with plenty of friendly help.

Look forward to your reports!!

Welcome. If I could find fish in the area you described I would go there more often but water seems too dirty. Just a little north around peel suddenly gets a lot better for me, hope to see reports from you to open up some territory and techniques.

Scalem

Thanks guys for the welcomes. We are testing an area around the bottom end of north straddie atm for possible Snapper....Kerri is a bit shy at venturing any further North atm....she is new to fishing the bay and Brownies Coast Watch reports un-nerve her, but we will get there in time

The spot we have been frequenting has produced Squire, Bream & small Golden Snapper(aka fingermark ? we believe).

10lb mono with 3-4 ft 15lb fluro leader seems to work ok on low tide right on the drop offs....at any time of the day. So far we have had no real success at high tide, however I suspect our timing has been wrong, maybe need to be out there at daylight & dusk ?
    Although, we have picked up good Flathead, 40-50cms on patanosta rigs over the high tides at any time of the day.

We are thinking that it stands to reason that there should be Snapper around at times as well...any help would be appreciated on just how the breeding works with these species for inside.

I will now desist from posting anymore here about this & find the appropriate forum

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

welcome to the site ray and kerri,
    the golden snapper you refer to are more than likely moses perch great eating and have a min size of 25cm..
    cheers rosco

Welcome aboard guys, their quite a few of us in the Redlands area. We might catch up out on the water for a chat sometime.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Welcome guys,

You are entering the right time of the year to get some good fish where you are currently fishing.
    I look forward to your contribution to the forums.

Angry

Thanks again ALL for your welcomes, if we have something to report, we shall CERTAINLY be doing it here.

We will be keeping an eye out for M&Gs and are looking forward to some of you good people maybe showing us around Peel, Mud and other areas of interest in the future.

Ray & Kerri.

Welcome from me too even though I am only a newbie.
    I plan on being around Peel, Goat, Mud and Harry's a fair bit this winter so I will say hi if I see you guys.

Good Luck

Redland Bay as well

No worries MrNanks....look forward to it & thanks for the welcome

Ray & Kerri.