Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New boats direct/leisure freight and import?

New boats direct/leisure freight and import?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any information about new boats direct/leisure freight and import? I paid over 10k back in february for a magic tilt trailer, and now they dont respond to emails and their phone is off the hook?

Service has been disgusting to say the least, with empty promises to return calls and continual 'delays' or excuses.

If someone has any information it would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Ric

Re: New boats direct/leisure freight and import bankrupt?

im very sorry to hear that mate.

. Can you even confirm if your trailer was ever ordered or did they just take your cash.

They 'claim' the trailer is complete and sitting in the US - But i have not recieved any proof of that. Im actually glad this has happened as i was looking at importing a pair of 150's and this has scared me away from importing all together!

Ric,
    I had some similar problems with that company in terms of no contact after money was paid.
    I did receive my Magic Tilt trailer eventually but it took a long time. One thing they do, is use a consignment freight deal which means they will only ship when the right cargo ship comes around with the room for a cheap container. I was promised 6-8 weeks and it took nearly 8 months for my CORRECT (long story) trailer to arrive.
    Let me know how you go as I have some other contact details you may want.
    Brett

Thanks for the replies and to the ausfish member i spoke to today.
    Finally got through to the director of the company who claims the trailer is comlete and sitting in the US. I will see how it goes as i'm meant to recieve documentation for shipping tomorrow...

When i get a free moment, i will post up some actual figures for importing etc, and my experiences.

Recieved an email from magic tilt in the US, they tell me my trailer is sitting in their yard but its a dual axle not triple. It has NOT been paid for and they are unable to get in contact with leisure freight and marine for payment.
    Again, no one is answering phones, and emails i was promised to recieve this morning never came.

Hi All

Our profound apologies for the mix up on these two trailers. They were ordered by a staff member directly with Magic Tilt whom promptly left the next day. I received two invoices from Magic Tilt - both for cat boats. Both were for dual axles - the one for Ric above had been ordered with a 10% deposit which we are returning to him (Rob had organised for him to receive photos of the trailer once it was built before he would pay for it) and the second trailer was supposed to be a Tri Axle - not a Dual Axle. A Tri Axle was ordered but Magic Tilt built a dual axle which didn't match the order - hence we didn't pay for it and were asking Magic Tilt whom the Dual Axle was for. Again this has been resolved and a Tri xle has been organised.

As to the issue with having contact with our office, my deepest apologies. We have been short staffed since Rob left however I am very pleased to advise that Rachael has just started with us this week and is looking after our customer service - so we can now provide our customer service levels including our online tracking of your trailer order, shipping and delivery that we have been so well known for in the past. We have delivered over 1100 trailers to the Australian Market over the last 18 months.

We have had a tough 6 months. We commenced our own independent charter shipping as Sevenstar was unable to provide us with a ship for almost 7 months last year. When we cancelled our 7 month old bookings with Sevenstar (Spliethoff Transport BV) they sued us for dead freight in September 2012. I am very happy to advise that we won the case and this now affects the shipping of all boats across the world and other cargo.
    Read more about this at this link:
    http://www.leisurefreightandimport.c...e-May-2013.pdf

When a global shipping company takes you on to crush you and stop you from competing with them in a segment of the market they have dominated as a monoploy for many many years - they pull out all the stops. This has set case law around the world and means customers cannot be charged dead feight when they haven't performed and you want to cancel your booking contract with them.

So - no we haven't gone bankrupt - not even close. We are very committed to our business and our next independant shipping leaves the USA on the 6th and 7th June 2013.

I am happy to answer any questions from anyone about any of this.
    Yours sincerely
    Di Lyons
    Leisure Freight & Import Pty Ltd
    New Boats Direct

Glacier Bay - World Cat - Carolina Cat - Livingston

Hi Brett

See my post below re Sevenstar Spliethoff Transport BV. This explains the delay. We don;t deal with them anymore.

Di
    Leisure Frright & Import Pty Ltd
    New Boats Direct

Glacier Bay - World Cat - Carolina Cat - Livingston

It's always good to see when a company is willing to come onto a public forum and explain mistakes and make appologies, hopefully everything moves smoothly now.

Hello all

Thecontents of the Press Release from Messrs. Leisure Freight and Import Pty Ltdconcerning the Court Case Spliethoff Transport BV v Leisure Freight and ImportPty Ltd [2013] FCCA 27 are inaccurate. Unfortunately Messrs. Leisure Freightand Import Pty Ltd failed to report that the Court awarded the Carrier damagesin respect of their cancellation of one contract of carriage and that LeisureFreight was forced to abandon its cross-claim for alleged damages of $21,850.00, with costs payable to the Carrier. In hisjudgment, Judge Raphael awarded Spliethoff Transport B.V. damages in the amountof USD 27,500.00 and interest of USD 1,602.54 as a result of Messrs. LeisureFreight’s cancellation of the contract of carriage for the yacht “ Kool Breeze”and somewhat arbitrarily found an implied contractual period of one month forthe Carrier to ship yachts consequently dismissing the Carrier’s claimfor damages in respect of the cancellation of the contracts of carriage for theyachts “ No Hurry” and “Almost Paradise”. Such dismissal came as surprise tothe Carrier since Messrs. Leisure Freight and Import Pty Ltd failed to providesupportive evidence to the Court for their allegation that time was of theessence of the contract.

In additionto the above we must also report that Messrs. Leisure Freight and Import PtyLtd is failing to pay the damages of USD 29,102.54 awarded by the Court toSpliethoff Transport B.V.

Just when you though this thread was gone it starts to get interesting. ^^^^^^^
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Oh Dear.

Looks like this will continue. Interesting, as you say ozy, that it is being played out on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The facts View Post
    Hello all

Thecontents of the Press Release from Messrs. Leisure Freight and Import Pty Ltdconcerning the Court Case Spliethoff Transport BV v Leisure Freight and ImportPty Ltd [2013] FCCA 27 are inaccurate. Unfortunately Messrs. Leisure Freightand Import Pty Ltd failed to report that the Court awarded the Carrier damagesin respect of their cancellation of one contract of carriage and that LeisureFreight was forced to abandon its cross-claim for alleged damages of $21,850.00, with costs payable to the Carrier. In hisjudgment, Judge Raphael awarded Spliethoff Transport B.V. damages in the amountof USD 27,500.00 and interest of USD 1,602.54 as a result of Messrs. LeisureFreight’s cancellation of the contract of carriage for the yacht “ Kool Breeze”and somewhat arbitrarily found an implied contractual period of one month forthe Carrier to ship yachts consequently dismissing the Carrier’s claimfor damages in respect of the cancellation of the contracts of carriage for theyachts “ No Hurry” and “Almost Paradise”. Such dismissal came as surprise tothe Carrier since Messrs. Leisure Freight and Import Pty Ltd failed to providesupportive evidence to the Court for their allegation that time was of theessence of the contract.

In additionto the above we must also report that Messrs. Leisure Freight and Import PtyLtd is failing to pay the damages of USD 29,102.54 awarded by the Court toSpliethoff Transport B.V.

OK...so just WHAT is the truth here Leisure Freight & Imports' version or THIS one

Ray & Kerri.

Quote Originally Posted by solemandownunder View Post
    OK...so just WHAT is the truth here Leisure Freight & Imports' version or THIS one

Ray & Kerri.
    First things first..... I just want my dam trailer! In a couple of days it will be 4 months since i paid in full.

Seems to me that New Boats and The Facts might want to keep this sort of stuff off an Internet Forum. Not a good image for either company, and very frustrating for Ric.