Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New boats direct/leisure freight and import?

Re: New boats direct/leisure freight and import?

Recieved email that the trailer is definately on the James River bridge then transfers trans-ship Triumph. Set to arrive 8th of august brisbane.
    Was told that customs/clearance takes 1-2 days(expect 2 days), so i should be able to take delivery on the 11th of august.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcjim View Post
    hi ric
    if that trailer is atm of 8.5ton i think i think that tow hitch may not be right?
    3.5t atm mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ric View Post
    Recieved email that the trailer is definately on the James River bridge then transfers trans-ship Triumph. Set to arrive 8th of august brisbane.
    Was told that customs/clearance takes 1-2 days(expect 2 days), so i should be able to take delivery on the 11th of august.
    Hey Ric,

Your trailer must be sitting in Asia somewhere by now if it's being transhipped.

The clearance should be pretty quick - i got mine from the US through a mate and he had it cleared the same day it came off the ship.

Quick update - while i have reception...

I am yet to get the bill of laiding number from new boats direct. They have told me they recieve the number about 10 days before the trailer lands in aus.

I got some paperwork from them the other day, but the numbers provided did not turn out to supply me with any confirmation...
    Last edited by ric; 25-07-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hi Ric, That is simply not true, the bill of lading is issued immediately after the vessel sails. If the trailer is on the way you should be able to get a copy.

Dont agree with that, I had a bill of laiding number 1 week after the boat sailed from the US
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I never received mine until it was a week from Australia.

Just spoke to a mate who's in the know with shipping. He said it depends if you're dealing directly with the shipping line or a freight forwarder. If the freight forwarder is good at their job, you should have the details as soon as the ship sails the US.

I disagree with facts as well, I ship containers monthly from China (nothing to do with fishing) and the B/L is not always issued immediately depending on the shipper and clearing agents, i would also assume this would have been telex released because it is often safer because mail can go missing but if not it will need tome to be sent over (we lost originals once and it took over a year to clear up). Its not a lot to stress about, as long as you have it before it arrives so you don't get hit with port fees.

I could be completely wrong here but when we bring in LCL shipments rather than FCL they can take up to 7 days to clear because they have to be unpacked???

Re: New boats direct/leisure freight and import bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by ric View Post
    Hi Mr ausfish Moderator,

Leisure freight has asked if I could change my thread name about asking if they are bankrupt or not. I am happy to oblige.

Can you please remove the word 'bankrupt' from the thread?

Ric
    Might want to change this back Ric - there's a notice of winding up the company out now.

Sorry - I got bored at work today...

Re: New boats direct/leisure freight and import bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato77 View Post
    Might want to change this back Ric - there's a notice of winding up the company out now.
    Where is this notice? Is it in the public domain yet?
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Ah just found it.
    https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.a...ght+and+import
    The freight company (SPLIETHOFF TRANSPORT BV) that they fought the court case with is applying to get them wound up.

Honestly.....I could be the Nostradamus of Ausfish.

aren't you??????????????

Hey Muddy when will the world end ?