Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The perfect deckie.

Re: The perfect deckie.

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Its like reading a biography about myself!!!
    Autobiography?
    Jim

Sorry Hog... Biography was the correct term. He was saying its like reading his life story written by another person.... Biography.

If it was an Autobiography it would be just plain skiteing.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Autobiography?
    Wouldnt it be an autobiography if i wrote it?

Thanks walrus, beat me to it...

Dont forget, unless a deckie is a skipper of his own boat, he needs to be shown / taught most of what is helpful that he can be doing whilst your doing other things!

My 10 year old son is my favourite deckie I back the boat in he drives it off parks it while I park the car on the way out he gets his bait jig ready dad this is liven yes son it is no waiting for anybody wake up and go and because he's goin mum makes a bag of food we've been doin this since he was about four then we get home he cleans the rubbish out of the boat and hoses the inside out I do the outside whilst haven a stubby or two also when doin an overnighter he doesn't take up to much room in the v birth

Oh dear......bad thread for my crew.

It's only now I'm realising how shitfull my crew really is.........

I'll be taking resumes very soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish'n'chippy View Post
    So I should have payed you for the trip, not the other way round.......
    It still shits me that you "payed for fuel", if I couldn't afford to run my boat, I'd get a smaller boat.
    I never ask for deckies (or punters) to pay for fuel, I only ask that you enjoy yourself.

G
    mates share the fuel bill... maaaaate. besides which, I didn't follow you to Pimpama and clean the squid ink off your rig...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

No it's not a dream I was having. LOL
    Its a true account of our recent trip, I thought Id share, for those aspiring deckies and as a lesson to those who might have been out once or twice with a mate and wonder why he hasnt called them again.

Yes he did come to clean the boat afterwards, as does anyone who I invite out, if they dont, they dont get out in my boat again. (His cleaning wasnt up to my regular deckies standards though.) And yes he paid me for fuel, in fact he gave me more than his share of fuel cost, he understands that a boat costs a lot more money than just putting fuel in it. If I could truely afford to pay for all the fuel, Id do so happily. Reality is, I cant, if I dont get crew willing to share costs, I wouldnt be going out as often as I do. At the end of a trip, everyone picks up a knife and helps clean the catch then we share ALL fish caught equally, if there's an uneven amount, I get the extra. No he doesnt own his own boat, well, not an offshore going boat anyway. Yes he gets paid for the professional work he does, but he's not going to buy his own boat on his deckie wages thats for sure, its a major love job most of the time.
    Ive just been out again with him and another mutual friend fishing today. We managed only 2 spotties, 90 and 85cm models. The 85cm was my first ever spottie! So much fun on 20lb line. Again his deck work was spot on, as was the other guy, who has also worked on pro fishing boats. I learn A LOT from fishing with them.

Since no one else has asked Lancair. Has he got a sister?

If i fish with someone i always...

Turn up early
    Supply some fuel money
    Bring all the ice
    Bring sangas and chips and always offer to share
    Share my lures as long as the skipper isn't losing them one after the other
    Happy to drive the boat if the skipper wants a break
    Happy to take sh*t about how crap lures are if the skippers on bait and outfishing me
    Always happy to go back and help wash the boat
    Happy to share the catch as i don't eat fish
    Happy to drink your beer when we get back to your house

As i have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) i treat other peoples stuff like it's my own, and anyone who knows me knows how well i look after my stuff.

Deckie of all most things must supply alchole stop smaking sinkers on the side of the boat catch fish and clean the boat to an upmost standard and of course cop a flogging in sledging and be able to tie his own knots throw in for fuel and costs an preferbly wear a bikini but wife won t let me take girls out so that's out . And not hump ur leg like a dog when he catches a red emporer .
    Most of all be a good bloke and not whinge and wine sook and bitch if its too rough there s no fish here or I drink or eat his food ..... Oh and supply 50 kg of slimies
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Deckie of all most things must supply alchole stop smaking sinkers on the side of the boat catch fish and clean the boat to an upmost standard and of course cop a flogging in sledging and be able to tie his own knots throw in for fuel and costs an preferbly wear a bikini but wife won t let me take girls out so that's out . And not hump ur leg like a dog when he catches a red emporer .
    Most of all be a good bloke and not whinge and wine sook and bitch if its too rough there s no fish here or I drink or eat his food ..... Oh and supply 50 kg of slimies
    You forgot; Must bring own poofy dog and must be able to get blood and gut stains out of silk shorts!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MR OCD View Post
    Happy to take sh*t about how crap lures are if the skippers on bait and outfishing me
    Thats a given isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    You forgot; Must bring own poofy dog and must be able to get blood and gut stains out of silk shorts!
    Those things weren't shorts, they were his granny's knickerbockers.

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    mates share the fuel bill... maaaaate. besides which, I didn't follow you to Pimpama and clean the squid ink off your rig...
    The ink comes off pretty easy mate (I've had a little bit of practice)

Sounds like I might have a touch of OCD too......I wash my boat fully after every trip, even if I'm using it the next day......and I prefer to do it without assistance.

Looking forward to coming for a run in your boat maaaaate......at least you know beforehand exactly how much I'm giving you as my 'share' of the fuel....

G
    S***fish & chippy