Thread: Gold Coast Dolly

Gold Coast Dolly

Got this Bull Dolphin Fish in 90 odd metres off the Gold Coast today. Trolling skirts, we got bitten off by a suspected Wahoo early, and missed one other bite. Then no action for six hours. Talk about hours of boredom and then absolute mayhem!

The Dolly hit around 2pm and I was lucky to be on strike. It jumped a few times early, but then started slugging it deep. This thing took some getting in! It certainly took some physical effort and a fair bit of patience - and good boat driving to get it in.

Pretty stoked with my first Dolphin Fish, big tick off the list.

Cheers,

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Dolphinfish.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	91803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dolly lift.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	91804  

Re: Gold Coast Dolly

Good one Matt, I bet you was stocked, Well done. I'm still trying to catch one but no one I know goes for em. Who's boat did you catch it on.

I've done trolling for marlin on few occassions so I know what it's like,

Cheers, Bondy

mate thats a beast, well done, how was the back??

Bloody awesome fish, especially for your first Dolly!!

Cheers,
    Leon.

Trophy fish for sure! Well done.

unreal fish mate, you won't forget that in a hurry.

that is a great dolly, did you get it on the scales?

Regards
    Honda.

Thanks Guys,

Bondy, I went out with my mate, Vossy on his Schionning Cat, Prowler II, big 9m x 6m cruising cat recently repowered with twin Yammy F70s. We covered around 220kms, for roughly 120lts. Big Day, nearly 12 hours on the water, 10hrs trolling. Vossy has recently joined the Gold Coast Game Club, and he recons there are heaps of guys always looking for crew. They end up going out with each other mostly as they can't get guys to crew their boats.

Wayno, the back was stuffed, I couldn't believe how stubborn it was, so hard to lift! Probably the hardest fight I've ever had with a fish. I was on 80lb braid, and I was really struggling to lift it.

We didn't get it on scales unfortunately, it went 168cm overall, 140 to the fork. Ended up having to cut it in half to fit it in the esky.

Not keen to fight another one like that for a while, but stoked to get a fish like that.

Cheers,

Matt

Thats a really good Dolly.

Well done.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

nice dolly, hopefully theres something about on saturday......

Monster dolly Matt, its going to be hard to beat that pb well done mate.

Cracker fish, I love the dollies

That is a huuuuuge dolly. Well done mate