Thread: Pummy passage 26th April

Blog Entries

Pummy passage 26th April

Hit the passage on the yak at 5am and was off at 5:15am..... Had left the anchor at home so I hid the yak in the bushes and flew home to get it. Was back paddling by 5:30am Tide was running in and it was a full moon.
    Headed to the beacons at the mouth of Bells and threw a placcy around for a while but no joy. Headed across the passage to the Bribie side and connected to a 44cm flat one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fh1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	91821
    Decided to throw a popper around for a while but only scored a small gar fish then as I was drifting around in 50cm of water the ocean seemed to start boiling about 20 metres from me, they seemed to be small striped looking fish about 10cms long. There were hundreds of them. They came right up to the yak .

Name:	heapsofem.jpg 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	91820
    Moved over in behind the islands and scored a good sized grunter who smiled for the camera the went back

Name:	Grunter.jpg 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	91822
    Then a nice 54cm flatty decided to join the party, well tomorrow nights party

Name:	54cm.jpg 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	91818
    Then a small bream came, smiled and left

Name:	bream.jpg 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	91823
    I fished all along the mangrove line on the mainland side of the passage for about 2klms for not a touch
    Went back over to the mouth of Bells and hooked up to something pretty big (calling it for a good sized trev). Peeled a heap of line off and I was concerned about being spooled so tweeked up the drag as I madly tried to get the anchor in 1 handed (FAIL!!!) Ended up slowing it then getting some line back, then another run and slowed it again. Just as I started to get some more line back my leader knot failed
    Drifted around and got onto another good fish but got busted off at the jighead. Then hooked up to another fish, had it almost to the yak and it let go?????????

After 3 lost fish I said bugger it and headed in and took the missus out to lunch. Need browny points if a bloke is gonna fish 4 days in a row

Name:	keeper2.jpg 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	91817

Name:	ndotw.jpg 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	91819

Re: Pummy passage 26th April

Great session, Funchy. The tiny fish would've been eel tailed catfish. Don't EVER cast net them, as you'll be there for hours picking them out and getting stung.
    Love the grunter, by the way.

Cuzza

Good stuff mate, getting out and loving the plastic action. You ready for a snapper session soon mate, they should start sparking up around mud.
    tight lines - Mossy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    Great session, Funchy. The tiny fish would've been eel tailed catfish. Don't EVER cast net them, as you'll be there for hours picking them out and getting stung.
    Love the grunter, by the way.

Cuzza
    Thanks for the tip Cuzza

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Good stuff mate, getting out and loving the plastic action. You ready for a snapper session soon mate, they should start sparking up around mud.
    tight lines - Mossy
    Yeah mate, good to go! Just give me a little notice. I got out there last week for a big O. Need a decent guide

Well done Funchy Mick and Moss will have to get you out for an offshore session to soon mate.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Nice haul there Funchy.

Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.