Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My Glacier Bay 2680 is finally here

Re: My Glacier Bay 2680 is finally here

Also, give us a call when you're up in fraser coast area, we can sneak up a few gutters in the new boat to put the pots out and go cast netting for prawns right up the gregory...

Congrats for sure, hope it lives up to and exceeds all expectations. Great looking rig indeed. The 150 yammies seem a nice engine and once you get them running well you should get decent economy if that worries you at all.
    My first experience on a Cat after 30 years on monos was indeed a bit disturbing, big swell on the day off Mooloolaba and the skipper (also inexperienced with Cats) almost rolled it, a 9.0M KC. Anyway I got behind the wheel a lot after that with various rigs and once I sorted out their good and bad habits, got to like them although still a scary in the hands of a novice skipper.
    If I had the cash to buy and run one I would be tempted join the club too. Hope to see you on the water, I'll be in that tinnie you just few past...

Yeah I spose its oright if you're into that kinda thing

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    What's wrong with you lot - especially you Marty. It's a boat - A BOAT - not she's a boat, but IT'S a boat. .........

Have a great time with THE boat.
    Come on Wags... she's beautiful, costs a lot, takes all your time and attention, and is occasionally temperamental. Of course she is a she. Nothing else can make you as happy and as mad as a woman.... Of course she is a she.

Look at those beautiful curves.....

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like'.)

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Come on Wags... she's beautiful, costs a lot, takes all your time and attention, and is occasionally temperamental. Of course she is a she. Nothing else can make you as happy and as mad as a woman.... Of course she is a she.

Look at those beautiful curves.....
    She has a beautiful pair of .. . . .
    Cheers

Trev

Boats do not have a gender. It is a boat. That is a boat.......not he or she is a boat.

Yamaha 150's.................. Trev........ is that what ya left off ?

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

had a day on the boat today, awesome!!...... Garry serviced the outboards and we discovered some additional things to repair. It seems the port side motor is running poor. It has only 3 injectors running out of 4 and I need to replace the trim/tilt senders. Dave turned up to detail the boat and within 10 minutes acid everywhere and the transformation began. I could see my own reflection in the hull and thought....what a muscly, handsome man built like a .....hang on a second. I thought what a bloody good job he does!!!

Cant wait for tomorrow, early start with Dave and helping out.....woooohoooo

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Awesome rig Captain Seaweed absolutely awesome, being that you have it based at the RQYS I will probably see you in or around the harbour at some time as this is where I launch, should be a spectacular sight.
    Cheers Axl

Hey what are those do dads hanging off the hard top? Clear hose running down from them.

Supply outlets for a tapped keg with lines down to your beer hat?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Drain hoses connected to the bottom of the Outrigger brackets.

But, I like the way ya think...

cheers

SHES a beaut.

Do you have any pics or HER shining in the sun now SHE'S been polished?

I bet SHE sparkles!

" shining in the sun " ???.......... jeez, I'd like to see the sun.

Think the detail gets finished today, weather permiting.

I am sure the Captain will be taking many photos of Old Salt and I think he'll even have a new Avatar for AF.

LP

Hey Phill talking about avatars, whats happened to mine and some others?