Thread: Surprise Surprise!!!

Blog Entries

Surprise Surprise!!!

Up at stupid o'clock, picked up my mate and we launched around 4:30am. Fished the mouth of Bells till the sun came up then headed over in amongst the mangroves. Tide was still running in and the minnkota kept us on a nice steady track along the mangrove line. Scored a couple of Bream and some undersized flattys until the first keeper of the day graced the deck. 49cm flat one. Kept at it for another hour or so but no more keepers so I decided to throw the cast net about. after a few casts I felt a few kicks through the net. I carefully gathered it up the quickly lifted it into the tinny. 45cm Black Fish!! Excellent....yummo!! Haven’t had a feed of them for a loooong time....
    Seems there are a few about. Few weeks ago I got talking to an old bloke at the ramp and he had 2 in his bucket that he had scored cast netting.
    My young fellas have a few mates staying over during the week so the last few flattys and this Luderick are gonna go down a treat!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	90545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e.jpg 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	90543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d.jpg 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	90547
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	90544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c.jpg 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	90546

Re: Surprise Surprise!!!

Nice score.

mate did you bleed the blacky? hes a good one at 45!
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

nice work. It is usually the lon rod n floats off the rocks for them black fish. Good Stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    mate did you bleed the blacky? hes a good one at 45!
    Hey Deano, kept him alive till I got home, then brain spiked him and knocked the fillets off.

Nice luderick mate, is there any obvious signs of green weed growth up that way, and any of the spots theyve been picked up open to landbased ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by masterdusky View Post
    Nice luderick mate, is there any obvious signs of green weed growth up that way, and any of the spots theyve been picked up open to landbased ?
    Hi mate, there is a fair bit of weed floating about but still manageable. As far as land based, I have got the majority close to mangroves at the moment. Can't really get there landbased. A yak is a great way to get to them if you can get ya hands on one. The other suggestion would be to walk out to the last green beacon at the mouth of Bells on the low tide. I did fine at sunrise at low last year. Good luck with it mate

That Luderick was a nice pick up mate. Well done.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

good one mate. luv the castnet bycatch. saw a bloke land a very nice jack up tinny creek last year after wrestling a snag for 5 minutes.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!