Thread: Fishing in lakes/dams in the Redlands

Fishing in lakes/dams in the Redlands

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is legal to fish in local dams/lakes? There are several around my area at parks where I take the kids, one I know for sure has decent sized carp in it.

Re: Fishing in lakes/dams in the Redlands

See if there are any "No fishing" signs!!

Also interested i live at victoria point and have seen alot of freshwater lakes and dams close by i havent lived here long so im not to sure about fishing the lakes i havent seen any signs around tho... is there any bass or perch in these lakes or just talipa and carp?

http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_13268.htm

Have a browse through here and if the dam is not on the list one would has at a guess it would be open slather. But not on private property.

Quote Originally Posted by BARRAkid View Post
    Also interested i live at victoria point and have seen alot of freshwater lakes and dams close by i havent lived here long so im not to sure about fishing the lakes i havent seen any signs around tho... is there any bass or perch in these lakes or just talipa and carp?
    I was standing on a viewing platform I suppose you'd call it at the park on the weekend when a waterbird flew out from under it with what looked like a bass in its mouth. It wasn't big, probably around the 100mm mark, but there must surely be bigger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by antg2378 View Post
    I was standing on a viewing platform I suppose you'd call it at the park on the weekend when a waterbird flew out from under it with what looked like a bass in its mouth. It wasn't big, probably around the 100mm mark, but there must surely be bigger ones.

Ssshhh. Keep it to yourself for now. Let it out and the Yellow Raincoat Mob will swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Ssshhh. Keep it to yourself for now. Let it out and the Yellow Raincoat Mob will swarm.
    But how would they launch their warp speed, cast net filled, 15 person rated tinnies in the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    But how would they launch their warp speed, cast net filled, 15 person rated tinnies in the lake?

Haha. Next delivery of glass, I will twist their arms until they tell me or no coffee for them, one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Haha. Next delivery of glass, I will twist their arms until they tell me or no coffee for them, one year.

Gotta say it took me a while..............!!!!

you tell us, your the chinaman... isn't it like imbedded in your genes or something to know that crap...

Gotta say it took me a while..............!!!!
    Sorry bout that MT. They, are the owner drivers of the delivery trucks who transport glass from National Glass. All are keen fisherman and are happy to havachat.
    Cheers.

read in the latest fishing monthly under a picture of a bass on stick bait says bass commonly caught in urban waterways in brisbane southern suburbs... looks like ill have to just go for a look any tips on lakes/areas and lures that seem to do the trick?

Also been searching around for local freshwater spots, haven't had a lot of luck at the few I've tried.. small Bream and Tilapia and the odd Catfish
    PB's Bass 45cm, Flathead 49cm, Bream 38.5cm, GT 40cm

Kayak: Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120