Thread: Deck wash kit. Which brand

Deck wash kit. Which brand

Looking at getting a deck wash for my 5.5m boat. Which brand does everyone use/recommend?

I read some old threads that Johnson pumps were having problems. But they may have sorted the issues out by now.

My Budget is around $250

Thanks, Mitch.

Re: Deck wash kit. Which brand

Johnson or Jabsco would be my choice. I see very few returns on either brand. The only issue i see is that the electric motor driving the pump is steel which will obviously rust, nor are they waterproof. Which ever brand you choose, mahe sure you take some precautions to protect the metal casing by spraying it with something like Lanolin and keeping it as dry as possible. You can pick up a Johnson washdown system 3.5GPM 70PSI for around $189.00 http://www.bargainboatbits.com.au/
    I belive Johnson has a 5 year warranty and Jabsco 3 year.

Regards, Paul.

johnson and jabsco are both pertty good. shurflow not .. as bad. ive had returns on all brands. all depends on isntall. end of the day its still electric... metal... and water

Thanks for that. Johnson seems to have the better warranty. Whitworths have the big 5.2 gallon kit on sale for $299 at the moment which sounds alright. Bcf in Rockhampton has one in stock too for $349.

i got a jabsco and i fresh water flush it as im cleaning the boat its never missed a beat.

The jabsco has only copper wires mine turned green in 12mths just replaced it with Jonson which has tinned wires no brainer !

try solas I bought one from them about a year back and I am very happy heaps of pressure and I have it set up on a tap for fresh or salt from memory it was cheaper than anything on the market

Hi Guys, i know this thread is a little old but thought i would let you in on my experience with Jabsco deck wash pumps, I replaced the existing Shurflo after reading this thread and just to let you know what a mistake that was!!!! I have since gone and purchased the same shurflo as the original one was and havent an issue, The responce from the supplier of Jabsco was pathetic, i will post his reply at a later date, The pump was fitted in my kevlacat in the middle rear compartment up off the deck, behind one of those plastic locker hatches, so i would imagine that that is a pretty good spot considering the shurflo one was 5 years old and i only replaced it to try for more pressure! Know the bait board is above this compartment and mounted there 99% of the time, the bait board fits into rod holders with the rubber cap, so when the bait board isnt in(not very often) The black caps are on the rod holders. After sending photos to Jabsco supplier they came back and said that the pumps arent waterproof and the compartment it was fitted allowed water into the pump!!! as i said previously the shurflo lasted 5 plus years and what still running perfectly in the same compartment! Anyway i have since purhased a new shurflo but just can not believe that a company as big as jabsco would argue with a small claim as a deck wash pump!!! The Jabsco was fitted for around 3 months!!! I may even consider purchasing internationaly myself in future because i am sure i wouldnt recieve any less service than the Australian supplier has in this case!!! All over a $200 pump! Rant over!!! will post the response and photos from RW Basham In the next couple of days, So from my experience stay away from Jabsco!!!! Shurflo all the way!

with entry level like your looking at the Johnsons seem to last longer than the Jabsco, i'm not sure on the sureflow ;-)