Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: A few prawns Good Friday

A few prawns Good Friday

Gday All,

Drove to the southside Good Friday to have a cast with Pero as he promised me a big flatty. The prawns weren't that thick with 1's and 2's and sometimes a couple more. Again i was outdone by about 1 for every 3 or 4 Pero landed. Ended up getting about 2.5 kilos of good sized bananas and a great day out. Anyone had any action off Nudgee yet ? Trawlers working ?

Cheers Schuey
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01572.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	90134  

Re: A few prawns Good Friday

nice feed schuey. Havent seen or heard anything yet from nudgee but i was up jacksons a few weeks ago and there were a heap of greasies up there. Not a lot of reports coming from the pine either
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    nice feed schuey. Havent seen or heard anything yet from nudgee but i was up jacksons a few weeks ago and there were a heap of greasies up there. Not a lot of reports coming from the pine either
    They are there mate.
    Shawn

Nice work schuey, you did a lot better than me, enjoy, roy

thanks Shawn would love to get into them this wkend just gotta bring myself to use that ramp at dwb.

i tried the pine about a week ago... got about 1/2kg of bait size.. i heard there was a few around in bald hills creek a few weeks ago,
    i'm thinking of going 4a look sun/mon.. i did get 1.5kg from glassy last weekend. was thinking of trying nudgee/shorncliffe area,but
    might b a bit early yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    thanks Shawn would love to get into them this wkend just gotta bring myself to use that ramp at dwb.
    I know what you mean mate , she can be a bast$$d at times . Just watch the blubber , they are pretty thick at the moment . If you do get down there , give me a shout , always up for a mag .
    Shawn

shawn will do mate, tides looking ok for this sunday arvo, ramp will prob be very busy though.
    Gotta go have a look sooner or later
    Dean

Last weekend at DWB they were working the pontoon and cleaning up!

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    Last weekend at DWB they were working the pontoon and cleaning up!
    Have been everyday this week mate .
    Good size bananas .
    Not unusual to get 10 or so in one cast . Works out well for me as I only need a couple of dozen as I use them for live bait . The flatties and bream have been on the chew as well .
    Shawn

Found this snodger moping around the other day.

Schuey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01574.jpg 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	90361

royslaven and i stopped for a look at dwb yesterday on our way back from crab'n'gear at clontarf. had a chat to old mate on the pontoon who had bagged a couple of kilos of medium size bananas for his hours work. in that time he saw 3 blokes total their nets on the snag at the western end of the pontoon.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    royslaven and i stopped for a look at dwb yesterday on our way back from crab'n'gear at clontarf. had a chat to old mate on the pontoon who had bagged a couple of kilos of medium size bananas for his hours work. in that time he saw 3 blokes total their nets on the snag at the western end of the pontoon.
    Went over today, got about 3 1/2 ltrs in 2hrs, maybe got there a little late. No net damage, stayed away from the pontoon, roy

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey View Post
    Found this snodger moping around the other day.

Schuey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01574.jpg 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	90361
    thats a cracker!

Quote Originally Posted by royslaven View Post
    Went over today, got about 3 1/2 ltrs in 2hrs, maybe got there a little late. No net damage, stayed away from the pontoon, roy
    Forgot to mention, went out front of nudgee at daylight, 2 other boats there, got about 12 big bananas, went up kedron brook, got about another 12 or so, then went to dwb, roy