Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A few prawns Good Friday

Re: A few prawns Good Friday

I think a big rain during the time the prawns are supposed to be running, which is now, will affect them. Don't think the few inches we had yesterday is enough to make them bug out though. If they don't come on soon in big numbers I will be surprised.

Scalem

Scalem,

You might be on the money there. I'd be very suprised if they have bugged out, if anything, the rain would have flushed them down from the upper reaches to the more salty areas.

Bondy

Come on bondy. Show a pic with some evidence.
    A picture with a newspaper.

I heard stan got his bucket in a few cast.

A small push of fresh water only runs on the surface and will not have any effect on the prawns.
    If there is enough fresh to hit the bottom,then they will get up and move very quickly to saltier waters.
    The rain we just had won't move them at all in the rivers but if any are laying up in small creeks,it may have been enough to push them out into the deeper holes in the rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Come on bondy. Show a pic with some evidence.
    A picture with a newspaper.

I heard stan got his bucket in a few cast.
    You need to blow harder than that timddo. No "Dr Who" here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    A small push of fresh water only runs on the surface and will not have any effect on the prawns.
    If there is enough fresh to hit the bottom,then they will get up and move very quickly to saltier waters.
    The rain we just had won't move them at all in the rivers but if any are laying up in small creeks,it may have been enough to push them out into the deeper holes in the rivers.
    You're spot on with that Aussie123.

Bondy

Bondy, You've hijacked Schueys thread.!

Pero,

Other blokes kept me going. I'll throw a crab Schuey's way some time.

Bondy

anything to report from DWB ?? tossing up between there and nudgee tomoro after lunch.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    anything to report from DWB ?? tossing up between there and nudgee tomoro after lunch.
    Sorry , but if you want a feed, drive to the darkside, from macleay south, just about anywhere to rudi,s, roy

i know they are on down there roy. thanks but a bit far for me from scarborough.

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    Nudgee is quiet at the moment. 20 boats out there yesterday for zilch.

Cheers
    Barry

thanks Barry but thats not the news i want to hear!!, was that out the front or in the creek?
    was there saturday working up and down from the ramp to the bridge for about 60 prawns 90% bait size with just a handful of goodns

Quote Originally Posted by royslaven View Post
    Sorry , but if you want a feed, drive to the darkside, from macleay south, just about anywhere to rudi,s, roy
    Hi Roy, was that you in the tinny with the Ausfish.com.au sticker down the side?? I was in the Tournament on my own - managed about 4-5 kg.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    Hi Roy, was that you in the tinny with the Ausfish.com.au sticker down the side?? I was in the Tournament on my own - managed about 4-5 kg.

Craig
    Hi craig, yeah that was me, finished up with a bucket, goin again today,cheers, roy