Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A few prawns Good Friday

Re: A few prawns Good Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    My guts are bursting. Fixed the net. Missus did a cookup and I'm washing down the prawns with beer. Lookey , Roy.-
    Yeah I hear ya stan, once again you,ve killed em, and your killin me,....argghhh! ha,ha....nah, good effort mate,you put in the time , you deserve the rewards, cheers, roy

just got back from dwb. Last 2 hours of run out. Knew it was not looking good straight away when i bumped into old Dave and he tells me theres no prawns. Tried up river behind castle hill , couple spots near the bridges, about 50 throws around the bend and pontoon. 0 prawns.
    Waste of friggin time! At least the new net got to taste the salt, and was good to take my son bails for a run up the creek. I really thought i would get a few. Good tide, good conditions for nada
    Dean
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

I am going to have a hunt for them tomorrow afternoon in the southern bay area and hopefully get my first bucket of the season.. Anyone else going to be out tomorrow? I'll be in a little 3.5m tinny with silverado sticker towards the front.. If anyone sees me come say hi, or just point me in the right direction :-)

Does the moon phase affect them?

I'm not suprised lads, they are thick in some spots and thin in others.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by Jason89 View Post
    I am going to have a hunt for them tomorrow afternoon in the southern bay area and hopefully get my first bucket of the season.. Anyone else going to be out tomorrow? I'll be in a little 3.5m tinny with silverado sticker towards the front.. If anyone sees me come say hi, or just point me in the right direction :-)
    I hear the powerlines went off yesterday arvo, between 4 and 6pm.That must have been around the time the tide startred coming in.

Everyone should be getting their bucket by now, if not, something is wrong. Old china reckons they were scattering as they drove past, big ones at that. Bucket caught this evening between 8 and 9pm.

Bondy

I was out yesterday, from about 3-6pm and only got about 1/3 of a bucket from the powerlines area. Maybe I should have waited a little longer!! Seen a few people hanging around not even throwing cast net, some for just about the whole time I was there, and then they just left. Don't know why if they were waiting around they wouldn't atleast have a throw.

Thats normal, like bees to honey when prawns are caught.

Next week would be better. If no one gets a bucket next week then your not in the right spot. The prawns will be schooled up in blocks, just keep checking your fishfinder. Sooner or later you get the bonanza.

Bondy

Come on bondy. Where are the pics

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Hes put the pressure on you now Bondy.!Piccies please.

Do you guys think all this rain will have a negative effect on the prawns for next week??

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post

No wind blowing up me lads. Check your sounder, next week is not this week boys

Quote Originally Posted by Jason89 View Post
    Do you guys think all this rain will have a negative effect on the prawns for next week??

Pero, Roy slaven, Muddy Toes, netmaker, phantomiser, outsiderskip.timddo

I'm sure you can answer this one

Here it is
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prawns 11.04.2013 [800x600].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	91049