Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A few prawns Good Friday

Re: A few prawns Good Friday

Attachment 90498

Got a couple of kgs of bannanas plus one tiger today

you done well ben 460, i tried from 5-20am to about 7-30

tried around the highway bridge, up south pine and around dwb.

was a incoming tide,so like roy said last of run out ..

might try again this morning on run out .....

i gave them a crack last night knowing the tides were shit for it so took the pots also. 2 of us throwing the nets from about 4 - 8.30pm not 1 prawn. Tried all around DWB to past the bridges in all the usual haunts.
    Lots of herring around and the odd poddy mullet. Plenty of muddies around too, mostly unders and jennies. Thinking about heading down after lunch when the tide is low
    Dean
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Got few down there this morning getting one and twos most casts, hard to smash prawns and throw nets as skiers and jet skis flying past! You'd be dirty also if u want a park for car and trailer at dohles as a semi trailer parked across 8 parks and was there all day from 6am, stupid spot to park on a weekend...

i managed about a kg just before low tide... was gettin 5/10 a throw then 1's and 2's for the next hour or so

just finished having a few garlic n chill skewers on the bbq.....

try again next week i suppose ....

I noticed quite a few schools of prawns showing on the sounder this morning in the pine......biggest school was just downstream of the freeway bridges on the northern side in 4m of water. School was about 2m deep on the sounder and there were a few flicking on the surface.
    Jack.

Thanks for sharing the info Jack. I went to nudgee this morning also but it was a non-event. probably caught about 12 and then the wind picked up a bit and i had to go to work, but it was very quiet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00002.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	90572

Here,s one I prepared earlier, roy

Sorry, couldn,t help myself...... anyway, got about 2/1/2 ltrs in about an hour today, southern bay, cheers, royClick image for larger version. 

Name:	camera picks 018.jpg 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	90573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera picks 018.jpg 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	90573

Was over near the Pine this morning. Called in at DWB on the way home. There were 3 boats there with occupants throwing nets, but did not see them get any prawns at all in the 15 minutes or so I was watching. Did see another dead net lying on the pontoon. The way that snag is claiming lead lines, it will be worthwhile for some enterprising net manufacturer to head over with some heavy duty retrieval gear. They could get enough sinkers back to keep them going for the remainder of the season.

Cheers

Jeff

Im gonna have to park myself at DWB soon. You guys are great at wrecking nets.
    I was southside today and wrecked my net.- Got a turtle. Col Limparse needn't worry, theres plenty of turtles down our way.
    The bloody thing had to flap its flippers before I could free it, didn't it?
    But the good news is I got a bucket. Not a soul around to annoy me. Will post a pic after I mend my net.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Im gonna have to park myself at DWB soon. You guys are great at wrecking nets.
    I was southside today and wrecked my net.- Got a turtle. Col Limparse needn't worry, theres plenty of turtles down our way.
    The bloody thing had to flap its flippers before I could free it, didn't it?
    But the good news is I got a bucket. Not a soul around to annoy me. Will post a pic after I mend my net.
    You weren,t where I was today... obviously...my bucket wasn,t full....roy

My guts are bursting. Fixed the net. Missus did a cookup and I'm washing down the prawns with beer. Lookey , Roy.-
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this arvo 5april.jpg 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	90577  

Hey, Nice Tiger prawns there , too.Well Done Roy and Ben.