Thread: Newbie from Bribie

Newbie from Bribie

Livin fishing this area all me life, read my fair share of posts over the years on this site. Thought I'd join up to bump up the numbers of Plastic only fisho's. Gday to all and thanks for all your info over the years, this is one very knowledgeable site. Will post up me future offshore trips and share in return any info that will keep our eskies full.

Cheers

Clint..

Re: Newbie from Bribie

Welcome Clint. It's a good site. Look forward to your reports.

Blog Entries

Yeah g'day Clint, lots of reports with lots of pics is just what we are after, enjoy mate

Welcome aboard Clint.
    One thing about the Passage, it is a plastics haven.
    What species are you predominantly chasing there?
    Jack.

I dont fish the passage, usually run out to me ground out back of moreton chasin snapper on plastics, get a good mixed bag out their and like the isolation away fromt the crowds. Species I usually get are snaps spangled emperor pearlies cod and a rare catch of a footballer trout last winter. Like me plastics and manage to bag out on me snaps every trip even in shithouse northerlies. I reckon me success on plastics is from not bashin the bottom with them and putting them out on jigheads as floater rigs and using dif type weights in different currents and I reckon how I store them prior to flickin them over the side. I keep me plastics in a cooler bag with a few ice packs and when they hit the water they adjust their temp quicker to the water temp and swim like a real fish in that temp water. I noticed when me plastics where warm from the suns heat hittin the storage bag they took longer to cool down to the water temp and were to flimsy and didnt look life like enough. If this makes sense.

Blog Entries

+1 to that cruiser, I keep my placcies in the fridge all the time until I go to use them, has made a difference like you say.

another Bribie Island'er eh??

another boat trailer clogging up the parking spaces,,,, great,,

another reason to meet a fellow Ausfish member and share a few ales,,,,,

WELCOME ,,,,,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Yeah mate another Islander, been here a while.

Cheers for the welcome fellas..