Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does it take to catch a fish?

Re: What does it take to catch a fish?

Quote Originally Posted by aus2045 View Post
    Fished the full day yesterday, from the city reaches right down to islands half way to the mouth. Nothing at all. 63kms covered, sunburnt, zero fish.

I'd say you're doing something wrong....Get some reading material or dvd's and do some research then put your new skills into action. You can fish my spots in Brisbane for fk all as I'd be more than happy to tow the boat up north at any chance to fish in and around Yeppoon.

The Fitzroy just had a major flush go through it, it is a long way from the mouth where the salinity levels will be better. I suggest working a low tide and first 1/2 of the incoming down towards the mouth with a drift fish. You will come across sections of water that are obviously more salty and there is where you will find fish. They will hang in these saltier zones and each tide will bring them closer to the CBD. You just have to get onto the salinity levels they can tolerate easily.
    Jack.

I'm off again in the morning to Coorooman ck to soak some bait. Try find a whitting or flathead up on the flats with the flood tide. Taking the crab pots too. Lets see how that goes.

Send a PM or two to Ausfishers in your area. I'm sure one will give you some local hints. Something is not coming together for you as there are plenty of fish in that region
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I'm off again in the morning to Coorooman ck to soak some bait. Try find a whitting or flathead up on the flats with the flood tide. Taking the crab pots too. Lets see how that goes.
    Well I went back to basics 101.
    Fished some dead prawns and live yabbies on the incoming tide.
    I caught 2 legal Whiting right up in the shallows on unweighted live yabbies and a got a Legal Grunter in the deeper water on a big dead prawn. Zero crabs.

So I got to finally catch a legal fish in CQ. Woohoo.

Fished the full day yesterday, from the city reaches right down to islands half way to the mouth. Nothing at all. 63kms covered, sunburnt, zero fish.
    Mate i reckon your bait has got B.O. It's true.... sometimes i go out and cant get a bite, wind my livie in and the little bugger just has personal hygiene problems.. get a fresh one out chuck him out and bang.. im on straight away! Just a suggestion ok.