Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter 2013

Easter 2013

well for the last 2 Easter hols I have booked houses at Rainbow Beach but have pulled the pin due to huey putting up awful conditions so this year SWMBO said lets do a road trip instead ''sure I replied'' so we are off to see rellies & friends at Dubbo .. Canberra, Sydney & Nambucca Heads. Leaving on thursday home the following friday. Well I've just looked at Sea breeze WTF the weather is lookin real good. So not happy!!I'll be lookin at miles and miles of bitumen instead of the deep blue. So did anyone else get caught out like me???? Or are you all lucky. Happy and safe Easter.

Re: Easter 2013

Hi Billy,

You will enjoy your road trip mate, and regardless what the weather says, it will rain and if people tell you it wont or didn't,,, their lying. Out of all those places you mentioned I think you will like Sydney and Nambucca heads the best (that's if you havnt been to them before). Having said that there are a few things Canberra is good for, blue movies and fireworks... Enjoy your break mate and I look forward to a catch up soon.

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Hey Bill
    Mate thats murphys law. I am in daddy daycare mode with awsome weather predicted , the motors serviced boat clean and cant go. Our new born baby girl Charlie arrived 5 days ago and is settling down slowly. Not enough for me to go fishing though. When the weather is good after easter though lets hit Fraser eh!!!!!!!

Hi Brendan Mate I'm the same Motor just had big service all new oils etc,,Bearings & brakes done on trailer,, all ready to go..Mate congrats on the new arrival & for sure lets hit FRASER after Easter
    Cheers Bill

At least you don't have to work. I am on call sat/Sun. Have tues Wed off to make up for it. Might spend some time at mud those days.

will try and make up for you mate. aiming to spend the next week on the water...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Been watching BOM every hour or so for the past 2 days ....said to fun police not to expect to see me much this Easter and no its not up for discussion yeh its gunna cost me.... but too bad!

Heading down to the Holiday shack on Wallis Lake for Easter Bill, will do a bit of crabbing and fishing in the tinny. Good news is the Kempsey Bypass is opening tomorrow so that should speed up that part of the drive.

Have fun ..... Dubbo .... still laughing about that one!

Cheers,
    Jim

Bill can you book a road trip every easter for us... Weathers lookin Great
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    Bill can you book a road trip every easter for us... Weathers lookin Great
    Mate just make sure you catch some fish for me,, have a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Heading down to the Holiday shack on Wallis Lake for Easter Bill, will do a bit of crabbing and fishing in the tinny. Good news is the Kempsey Bypass is opening tomorrow so that should speed up that part of the drive.

Have fun ..... Dubbo .... still laughing about that one!

Cheers,
    JIM I'm not,, hope the crabs are around ,,, Chilli crabs with a nice Sauv Blanc ,,Yum
    Cheers

Don't feel so bad mate. Some of us are voluntarily heading over that side of the mountains! I've got my fishing fix this week with the new boat so I'm heading over to see some good mates south west of Gundy at a big property and give some feral pigs a touch up!
    Travel safe!

That is a tale of woe Bill. The upside is Maccas Trip Planner. I prepared this with your situation and hobbies in mind.
    Leg 1: Brisbane to Dubbo Thursday28th Leave Brisbane 5am arrive Dubbo 3pm AEDST. Greet rellies, drink beer.
    Leg 2: Dubbo to Sydney to Canberra. Friday 29th. Leave Dubbo 5am get Mrs to drive because of hangover. Arrive Sydney 10am depart Sydney 10.01am Head to Canberra. Arrive Canberra 1pm. Travel to Fyshwick. Do whatever comes naturally. Source fireworks for 1770 M&G. Drink beer. Do whatever comes naturally. Again! Sleep.
    Leg 3: Canberra to Nambucca Heads Saturday 30th. Depart Canberra 5am Arrive Nambucca Heads 1pm. Drink beer relax.
    Leg 4: Nambucca to Brisbane Friday 5th. Depart Nambucca 5am. Wipe tear from eye. Drive North in a depressed state.
    Holiday over.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 2IC View Post
    Hi Brendan Mate I'm the same Motor just had big service all new oils etc,,Bearings & brakes done on trailer,, all ready to go..Mate congrats on the new arrival & for sure lets hit FRASER after Easter
    Cheers Bill
    I'll be in that
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by 2IC View Post
    well for the last 2 Easter hols I have booked houses at Rainbow Beach but have pulled the pin due to huey putting up awful conditions so this year SWMBO said lets do a road trip instead ''sure I replied'' so we are off to see rellies & friends at Dubbo .. Canberra, Sydney & Nambucca Heads. Leaving on thursday home the following friday.. Happy and safe Easter.

Bill what your doing sounds a lot more fun than what I'll be doing. Painting out 2 bedrooms and shifting furniture, you enjoy the road trip and don't give me a second thought.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things