Thread: Another newbie from the Rockhampton region

Another newbie from the Rockhampton region

Hi all, have been lurking for a little while, researching the fishing / boating thing, and finally picked up a hull today. Just a hull. No motor (or floor, for that matter), and a rusted out unusable trailer.

Good to see quite a few new members from around this area, and have found the forums to be a wealth of knowledge and generally very friendly and helpful, so very happy to formally be a part of it. Might be a few opportunities to trade deckie duties with a few members in the future.

I'll start a thread on the rebuilding of the 'boat' (missus asked if we were going to 'just float around in it', given current condition...) and be asking for a heap of advice and input there. For the record, it is - i believe - a 17ft Clark aluminium half cabin. Don't really know much about them, or how they ride, but was looking for something sturdy that the family (have 3 kids under ten) can be comfortable in as well as something that I can't damage too easily while hunting for some fish and crabs.

Will be keeping an eye out for suitable trailer / motors as well, so all ideas welcome. At this stage it looks like the easiest option will be to purchase another whole boat/motor/trailer setup with a really crappy 5m boat and ditch that hull!

Anyway, thanks in advance, and I'll post a link to a rebuild thread when I get some pics.

Thanks,

Smokey

Blog Entries

Re: Another newbie from the Rockhampton region

Welcome aboard Smokey, look fwd to the boat build updates and reports of blooding the deck!!!!

gday RZ welcome and hope the rebuild is quick and painless and get to see you on the water soon cheers

Thanks guys - progress is slow, but research continues!
    Geez, I hope this thing floats!