Thread: FYI. Bribie access.

FYI. Bribie access.

Changed beach and track conditions on Bribie Island Recreation Area
    This alert applies to the following parks:

Bribie Island Recreation Area
    Gallagher Point and Poverty Creek campgrounds have reopened. The Poverty Creek access track is open but drivers should take care as some surface sections are rutted with soft sandy conditions.

Ocean Beach and Ocean Beach campsites are open however:

- beach travel is only possible an hour either side of low tide

- numerous fallen trees are blocking the beach above low tide

- current tides and severe dune erosion mean there is very limited opportunities to park above the tide mark.

All four lagoons are currently running across the beach. Deep washouts are likely around these lagoons.

A large expanse of exposed mud around 4th lagoon should be avoided due to extremely soft surface conditions and risk of becoming bogged. To avoid this, use the thin strip of sand close to the dunes base.

The Northern access track is inundated and will remain closed until further notice.

Ocean Beach is temporarily closed to vehicles north of the Ocean Beach camping area due to severe erosion.

Last updated
    15 March 2013

Re: FYI. Bribie access.

Are the lagoons now tidal or are they still flushing fresh continually on both incoming and outgoing tides???
    It has been a very long time since I have seen them being tidal.......
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Are the lagoons now tidal or are they still flushing fresh continually on both incoming and outgoing tides???
    It has been a very long time since I have seen them being tidal.......
    Sorry TT, I can't answer that. I got the information from Moreton Bay Council and it wasn't included.

Hi

MMMM wonder how deep the washouts.

We were suppose to go earlier this month but all was closed. At least NPWS gave us a camping credit as we had already booked before the closure.

Reckon we will wait until well after easter. Surely the weather should improve??? we can only hope.

Any updates though would be appreciated.

Mrs H