Tony,

I did try wide of Hards and went out from Mooloolaba. You can see where I tried along the shelf and I tried plenty of places too. No I do not have any specific marks for off Mooloolaba or Noosa apart from the approx marks we have and yes I can read a map that shows interesting places along the shelf and perhaps that is all that is needed.
Here is the post on it:-
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...e-deep./page41
A mate of mine has the Daiwa electric I think 7500 model and it is a good reel for 80 to 150m but fishing 250 to 600m plus with 2kg leads I don't reckon it would last long and does not have enough line left on reel for deeper limits - just my opinion - if people are happy to use one hook and 80lb braid good for them - I use 120-150lb braid and three hooks.
Sure some people will say you don't have to go deeper than 300m and good for them but I want to start my drift deeper and come up to the shallower stuff and from 600m to 250m can be only a 500m drift when on the shelf.
Anyway I waffle but the reel is here:-
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...e-deep./page40 - it's no toy and it works really well.
If people think I am harvesting the ocean and being lazy - well good for them - but so far one trip 200km for one nannygai and as for being lazy - I prefer not to die for a fish but yes I do hope to put some nice eating fish in the freezer and enjoy the outing doing 10 to 50 drops if necessary not one drop and kill myself doing one wind in after burning $250 of fuel to get there.

Next trip out I will be going from Scarby and heading to Moreton Canyons, I will be taking Bill (2IC) and will pm Brett (Humdinger) when I go and will send you a pm as well if you like. My plan is to head out predawn and highspeed troll 30-37kph to destination and spend all day there if necessary and highspeed troll back in.

I could go as soon as two weeks from now - I am watching the current lines awaiting the offshore to come in - the north south current has been hammering non stop for months but it looks to be getting effected at long last now.

If you have a sure fire mark off Noosa or Mooloolaba I would make a trip of it too - but as said for prospecting my next trip will be Moreton Canyons.