Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone got a V6 diesel navara?

Re: Anyone got a V6 diesel navara?

How's the V6 going Andy, any teething problems? How does it tow the rag-boat and what weight/ATM is she on the road? And what's the economy like towing?
    Cheers
    Brendon

Has anyone had EGR issues with a V6, I have the engine check light on and its an EGR fault. Only done 44000klm Has anyone done a Mod on their EGR
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

If the info will be anywhere Garry, it will be on the navara asia website. Some pretty smart cookies when it comes to Navs on there

Yeh, Been on there Scott, they mainly talk about pre failure mods
    Garry

Had a quick look Garry - looks like you aren't the only one. From my rudimentary knowledge of EGR sensing they can be monitoring two things - either the position/operation of the valve itself or the actual EGR flow. Regardless, if you haven't installed a blanking plate, the first thing I would be doing (assuming it's out of warranty) would be pulling the EGR valve out for a quick look to make sure it isn't simply clogged with crap. Certainly wouldn't leave it to Nissan with a new one costing what they do

Scott some dealers remove the engine to replace the EGR... not an easy job I am told
    Garry

Take a look at this thread Garry - apparently software updates for this issue and one comment that a valve replacement is a 1.5 hr job without removal - more research might be needed.

http://www.navara.asia/archive/index.php/t-17774.html