Thread: newbie

hi all,new to the site,im from cental west of nsw,and love fishing salt water and fresh water,when theres anough water around here,
    anyways i love boats,been skiing all my life [50yrs old] dont do any now haha,but my kids are into it and its great to see
    i fish nelsons bay alot,when the marlin are about,just love that place,its a pretty easy drive from where i live
    previous boats iv had ski craft 350,from 17 yrs of age and sold it 5 yrs ago,great old boat and still going strong apparently
    quintrex 435 hornet
    signature 542
    trophy 2202 pro walk around
    and the latest addition contender 21,which will be ready to pick up at the end of the month,[cant wait] but a bad time to get a boat at the end of summer,
    anyway cheers and nice to be here

Welcome Digger. Yes it sure is good to see a multi generational love of the water. Thanks for saying hello.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Re: newbie

thanks for the welcome walrus,appreciated mate

Hi Digger, welcome aboard mate. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

thanks for the welcome goodoo, inverell,good goodoo country up there iv heard

Your welcome,

Yeah it is good fishing around this area for Murray Cod. They seem to thrive well here in the rivers and dams in the Northern Tablelands of NSW. Have you ever fished around this area?
    Cheers, Doug.

not really goodoo,iv fished split rock and keepit a few times,had my best days fishing trolling lures at split rock 23 yellas and 5 cod the bigest 42 pounds that was between 2 boats though,about 10 yrs ago,the dam was only 5% full all fish released,it was a magicall day,
    im from mudgee so windermere and burendong are the dams i fish,but ive been fishing port stephens the last few years because the water around here goes in and straight out to the cotton farmers and the greenies

Yeah I have fished keepit and split rock a few times but main fish locally like copeton and pindari dams. that was pretty good going at split rock for you. i know it is a good dam to fish and some really good catches come out from that dam. I know what you mean by the water going out of the dams. about xmas last year copeton was 100% and now it is just over 70%. they just drain so much out it and quickly too.
    Cheers, Doug.