Thread: camping this easter- i must be mad

camping this easter- i must be mad

Well i got the notice on monday that i will now be working a 2/1 roster which has now freed me up for easter, where to go, probably tow the boat (who am i kidding defiantly take the boat).. any suggestions, the million dollar question, will it be raining?
    have i left it to late and now need to crash someone else's camp?

Re: camping this easter- i must be mad

Hi
    Firstly look at NPWS and try to find something that is open if you want to camp. Most National Parks and camping areas remain closed due to bad weather. Think the only one open is Teewah beach/Double island but believe the beach is pretty bad with lots of exposed rock.

http://nprsr.qld.gov.au/park-alerts/index.php

Good luck.

Mrs H

Camping this Easter. ?

Sorry Lucas.

Here in Qld there is one thing a few of us Do Not Do... camp at Easter.

The weather, crowds etc really put us off, but don't let that stop you.

What ever you decide, hope it works out for you.

Here's a clue. Hervey Bay.

Not too far from home,the bay protected from SE winds, good secure holiday parks, Fraser Island worth a day trip and Lenthals Dam for some freshwater action close by. Also you have the Susan and Mary rivers just to the south, Burrum River to the north and CHONG lives up that way

If the weather is good, there will be thousands of holiday makers hitting the highways and waterways over the Easter break................ unfortunately.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    Well i got the notice on monday that i will now be working a 2/1 roster which has now freed me up for easter, where to go, probably tow the boat (who am i kidding defiantly take the boat).. any suggestions, the million dollar question, will it be raining?
    have i left it to late and now need to crash someone else's camp?
    mate, can i say how much i admire your resolve to declare that you are "defiantly" taking the boat. bravo. that would indicate that you are definately going, regardless of the weather.
    that is definately defiant, you defiant bugger you
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

due to unfortunate events such as the airlines deciding that it should cost me a tad over $1300 to fly home and back to work for easter, i will not be coming home however i will be flying my family to Darwin for the low price of $440 return, so watch this space for a report or 2.
    And all i will say is it wont be the only report out of Darwin for this year.....

Been camping twice at easter, poured rain and blew a gale both times. Hopefully it goes better for you.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

I have had a good run at Easter over the years at Straddie.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing