Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sea Shepherd judged to have committed acts of piracy

Re: Sea Shepherd judged to have committed acts of piracy

Some strongly opposing views here, for my 2 cents I say good on seashepherd for having some balls to stand up and take action on something they believe in....there's not much of that around these days.....just a lot of winging from the sidelines....

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Some strongly opposing views here, for my 2 cents I say good on seashepherd for having some balls to stand up and take action on something they believe in....there's not much of that around these days.....just a lot of winging from the sidelines....
    Until the extremists start on something you enjoy, like let's say fishing.? Will you have the same point of view when the nutters are sabotaging your boat?
    Or your leather shoes etc? Or the fact that you eat meat?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Yep FishHunter I agree!
    All anyone has to do is have a look at The Australian Greens web site or FaceBook page!
    Not good for any of us who enjoy fishing or those of us who make their living from it!

The way I see it......
    I find the Japanese to be a wise cultured group. They eat whale just like others eat Dolphin and others eat very young beef. My Tongan mates say they eat Horse in their homeland. People eat lamb brains and snails, spiders, snakes, crickets, birds, some people even eat after birth! Why should we think we are entitled to be the ones to stop others from doing what they have instilled in their culture beliefs or wants....we dont all want to be the same do we?. Why is it we are so opposed of the Japanese eating whales? With correct management anything can be eaten.
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    The way I see it......
    I find the Japanese to be a wise cultured group. They eat whale just like others eat Dolphin and others eat very young beef. My Tongan mates say they eat Horse in their homeland. People eat lamb brains and snails, spiders, snakes, crickets, birds, some people even eat after birth! Why should we think we are entitled to be the ones to stop others from doing what they have instilled in their culture beliefs or wants....we dont all want to be the same do we?. Why is it we are so opposed of the Japanese eating whales? With correct management anything can be eaten.
    I seem to recall that the green landers hunt as many or more whales than the Japanese why are not being harassed?

Why should we give a toss what some yank court says is my only gripe, wasn't it in our territorial waters? Cultured you say seaweed? they want to kill dolphins because they believe they are eating all the fish, so cultured in fact they have to herd the poor things in to out of the way places to cruelly kill them unseen by others. If our navy wasn't waisting time, fuel, and taxpayers money being a courier service for illegals they would be monitoring our own backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunter View Post
    Until the extremists start on something you enjoy, like let's say fishing.? Will you have the same point of view when the nutters are sabotaging your boat?
    Or your leather shoes etc? Or the fact that you eat meat?

That's a very long bow to draw...drawing similarities between a country using a loop hole in international law and hunting endangered mammals in an inhumane manner to comparing that with an individual or group damaging another individuals personal property because they don't like their recreational pursuits????

The way I see it......
    Yes but lambs, snail, crickets, spiders and snakes etc are not endangered....Would it be OK if I decided I had a liking for koala and went about hunting them, including going into a sanctuary because they were easier to find....according to your argument my defence could be "but I like them"

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    . I couldn't agree more myself ,if the Japanese defended themselves and sunk sea shepherd I don't care ...Matt
    Its an Australian boat defending its territory/country from foreign boats illegally fishing in our waters and your on there side? Real aussie..

If they want to do it in there own territory go for gold, not that i like the idea, its illegal to do it here so rack off.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    That's a very long bow to draw...drawing similarities between a country using a loop hole in international law and hunting endangered mammals in an inhumane manner to comparing that with an individual or group damaging another individuals personal property because they don't like their recreational pursuits????

Yes but lambs, snail, crickets, spiders and snakes etc are not endangered....Would it be OK if I decided I had a liking for koala and went about hunting them, including going into a sanctuary because they were easier to find....according to your argument my defence could be "but I like them"
    That is not a long bow to draw it's exactly the same principal. In fact if I did exactly the same thing to my neighbour who let's say ate puppies I would go to jail.

I dont want to get into a debate about my ideals, its my opinion based on what I have learnt in life so far. I dont like to argue or push my point nor do I need to prove my point, my mind is made up based on what I know. You may disagree but I dont care, thats your opinion and your entitled to it. I would love to try whale!
    Living the dream, Barry

I think whale jerky would be nice as a snack offshore.
    Living the dream, Barry

For me, the whole point is about any group that thinks that they can flaunt the law, put lives and property at real risk, destroy law abiding businesses, and think that all of that is OK because their "cause" is noble and they are "right" and the people they are attacking are "wrong".

Particularly these green groups seem to think thay they can do anything they like and not be held to account.

I am all for peaceful and lawful protests about things that people are passionate about.

But, I cant cop any group taking the law into their own hands, destroying experimental crops, committing acts of piracy, rioting and destroying public and private property because someone insulted their religion, tying themselves to cranes at wharves etc, ramming other boats, trailing steel ropes behind their ships deliberately attempting to damage propellors and rudders and so on.

That sort of stuff flies in the face of things that I thought we Australians value: Respect for other peoples property, religion, rights, businesses, customs......

Want to live in a country that abides by the rule of law? I do. The ends do not justify the means.

These Sea Shepherd people clearly dont want to play by the same rules. They are the ones who should be being criticised. The ones of them that do those things should face the full force of the law. I personally would deal with them harshly as an example to others who want to flaunt the basic fundamental principles that Australian society is built on.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

well said Moonlighter.
    Living the dream, Barry

I dont want to get into a debate about my ideals, its my opinion based on what I have learnt in life so far. I dont like to argue or push my point nor do I need to prove my point, my mind is made up based on what I know. You may disagree but I dont care, thats your opinion and your entitled to it. I would love to try whale!
    Well, the thing about eating whale is that there are many different cuts, coming from such a large mammal. I tried eating some deep fried on a stick, and nearby they were selling sashimi style steaks.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Doesnt it make sense to kill 1x4000kg animal for food rather than 4000x1kg animals?