Thread: 2500 Symetre + Sahara Rod

2500 Symetre + Sahara Rod

Hey guys,

One of the camping.....fishing shops we know of has a combo for "Symetre reel & Sahara rod" for $149 at the moment. The reel alone normally costs $149, so basically getting a free rod and t-shirt.

What's your thoughts on the Sahara rod....any good? I guess a good spare as I'm looking at buying a Pflueger Trion to go with the Symetre anyways.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Re: 2500 Symetre + Sahara Rod

Quote Originally Posted by TrentC View Post
    Hey guys,

One of the camping.....fishing shops we know of has a combo for "Symetre reel & Sahara rod" for $149 at the moment. The reel alone normally costs $149, so basically getting a free rod and t-shirt.

What's your thoughts on the Sahara rod....any good? I guess a good spare as I'm looking at buying a Pflueger Trion to go with the Symetre anyways.

Appreciate your thoughts.
    See this is what shits me with this shop too. Mrs went to get me a Symeter and there was none in stock, and this was just a few weeks back, so she got another reel ( upsold ). Now there is a deal like this on.

Good luck finding one in store,... You may have to go shop to shop to find one.
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

Sahara rods are fine. It will be a good combo in that price range
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I would grab that combo at that price....the rod will last well and you will be happy with it.
    Jack.

Hey Guys, I picked up two of these combos (Symetre 2500 + Sahara 2 piece 3-5kg rod).....nice and well balanced set. One combo for me and one for the wife.

At the same time I picked up a 2500 Sierra + Shimano Estuary 602 Spin for my nephews 14th Bday. I was thinking of getting him the same combo as us but concerned as he's just getting into fishing and never owned his own set, hi-sticking was a concern on the Sahara so went with a fibreglass option on the estuary spin.

Looking forward to testing them out.

Re: Light Fishing Braid/Leader?

OK, so I picked up my Symetre 2500 + Sahara 3-5kg Rod.

Next question!

What braid & leader would you recommend. I got Millennium 10lb braid recommended but feel thoughts are that's too heavy for what I want to fish:

Saltwater = Bream, Flathead, Whiting etc......just bread & butter fish.
    Freshwater = Bass and trout.

Appreciate your thoughts on above for both options.

Cheers
    Trent

i would go 6lb braid for those fish. and 4-6lbs leader for bream and whiting and 8-12lbs leader for flatties.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.