Thread: Where would u fish offshore after all the fresh?

Where would u fish offshore after all the fresh?

Hey guys we r over all the crap weather as well... after being on hols down the coast and not getting out we r currently sitting on the tweed having a few quiet ones with all the mozzies.... Gunna try get out tomoz there is actually no wind right now and the Bar didnt look too bad an hour or so ago. So everyone knows the snapper tend to come on after bad weather but my question is if you could get out where would u fish and has anyone had success before when the water quality is as bad as it is atm? If i can safely get out i am going so anyone got any suggestions other than calling me an idiot?! Geared up to catch anything from bream to marlin. What do ya's reckon?

Re: Where would u fish offshore after all the fresh?

Big grass sweets in shallow 😉

Rooneys for everything
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

The cape, the trench and south passage all produced marlin again yesterday and was also told the water is the murkiest since the 2011 floods.

I would hit the Palmy up for a session just after first light then head deeper around 7am. One guy on AKFF regularly pulls very big jew and mackeral from there after and during rain sessions and another two pull good snapper from the same grounds.
    Jack.

How'd u go paulee?

Quote Originally Posted by braders83 View Post
    How'd u go paulee?
    Gday we didnt get out the next morning...it was pissing down and the bar wasnt good...went for a troll for a few hours today in crap conditions...apart from a few healthy shows of flying fish we saw nothing for our efforts...would have been hard to fight a fish in those conditions anyway it was like being in a washing machine...pulled the pin after we got a rogue wave over the top....not looking good for the weekend either....

Quote Originally Posted by paullee View Post
    Gday we didnt get out the next morning...it was pissing down and the bar wasnt good...went for a troll for a few hours today in crap conditions...apart from a few healthy shows of flying fish we saw nothing for our efforts...would have been hard to fight a fish in those conditions anyway it was like being in a washing machine...pulled the pin after we got a rogue wave over the top....not looking good for the weekend either....
    I thought it would have been tough going last weekend so I'm not surprised you pulled the pin. I was thinking of heading off Evans tomorrow but with the big tides and se wind I don't think I will bother. I hope the weather clears up soon I'm over it like I'm sure everyone else is too.
    Braders.