Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: BCF I'm over it

BCF I'm over it

Not real happy with BCF Caloundra mainly

Poorly stocked store, no Shimano symeter reel out of stock, and then tried to upsell to the mrs. Poor service and advice when I was looking for a new rod, no number 1 sinkers, no number 12 swivels. Club night was an unorginised mess, overcharged at the checkout. When emailed about feedback from club night, I told them about overcharged, unorginised mess, and still no reply.

Now they have a sale with 30 % off fishing shirts, rapala, owner ,shimano ect. But it's not tee shirts with fishing brand logos, its button up long sleeve shirts only. Just a bit missleading.

So BCF, no more, I'm over it. The 50% of my fishing related money spent at your stores will now not be spent at any BCF store, but will be spent at your competitors. Oh and I spend a bit on 4x4, boating and camping related stuff too, now that's goneski too.

End rant
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

Re: BCF I'm over it

Must be your local store. Keperra and Virginia have tshirt shorts etc on special. Virginia are also clearing out shimano 4500b baitrunner for $119.

BCF around me

Mate, nice rant. Located where we are i have 4 BCF stores (Capalaba, Coorparoo, Cleveland and Cannon Hills) within easy reach, not a great help to you i know, and whilst i haven't experienced any major issues the variance in the quality of service and stock levels in store is hit and miss......

To avoid wasting my time its now a matter of checking the BCF website for who has stock before heading out and i must say to date its been accurate. in regards to the stores i have mentioned Coorparoo and Cannon Hills always seem the most well stocked with Capalaba often struggling to maintain basic stock levels of jig heads etc. Maybe its just that the stores closest to the bay get hit more, anyway if that's the case if the stock is available why not carry more.

The only other variance is the customer service and i think that is both hit and miss and very subjective, one staff member recommends and one doesn't, one staff member uses and one doesn't etc. Whilst a 'newbie' to fishing with any seriousness, this website and its associated forums have proved invaluable before setting foot into BCF.

Good luck with your new store.

Kind-Cir....That pretty much sums up my local BCF too, hardly ever go in there now at all, and I drive past the door twice a day, much prefer the smaller local guy.

I went into the Rockhampton BCF last week to look at Fish Finders.
    The guy there was very helpfull and talked up the Garmin Echo 100 which was just $89.00 on special.
    I said "yes, I'll take one thanks". Only to get "I'm sorry we have none left, come back next week".
    So I went in Yesterday and they were in stock but at $119.00.
    Hmmm, not happy.

haha, that's pretty funny.

As people know, I am not a big fan of this store chain.

I did however, lower myself a few months ago and bought from them " online " as i needed an item fairly urgently... like that week.

Their "online " is located at Virginia in Brisbane.

Placed order and as they will NOT deliver to post office box I had to nominate a residental address. Not being home during the day, I nominated an address in VIRGINIA. It was a business address and even filled out the " spoecial instructions " box with " please deliver to reception of ######### pty ltd or Mr ####### ".

Asked mate about delivery a few days later..... nudda !

Asked again the next week.......................... nudda !

Phoned store....... not our problem, left store last week, call courier.

Called courier............... no record...... !

Called again............... yes, driver attended but no one there to receive item ?

Called them back to say no courier turned up at address to drop off item.

Courier company call driver..... Mr Kliese... ( me ) was not there to sign for item...!!

Phill to courier........ did you read " special delivery instructions " ? response..........." HUH " ?

Result, item was taken to business address twice. I was not there, obviously, so no drop off. The " special Instructions " on the package had a delivery note stuck over 1/2 it. My mates name was exposed, but apparently the driver took no notice........ to add to the insult, the driver / courier is the one the business uses on a " DAILY " basis.

My item landed at my house 27 days after ordering. I get stuff from the USA faster. Rang the chain store to provide " feedback "... thanks, but not our problem.

Hence my feelings towards said chain store are not only endorsed, but strengthened.

BTW........ never ask where the rod blanks are.......... you'll get shown rods.... without reels attached !!! OMG !!!!!!

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Mate I would not ring the store but their Head Office and then things will happen

Reading your post it may be Un-Lucky Phil.

Dont you think you should take it up with your courier phill?

Virginia is the head office of BCF, out the back of Super cheap.

Regards
    HOnda.

Re: BCF around me

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post

The only other variance is the customer service and i think that is both hit and miss and very subjective, one staff member recommends and one doesn't, one staff member uses and one doesn't etc. Whilst a 'newbie' to fishing with any seriousness, this website and its associated forums have proved invaluable before setting foot into BCF.
    do you really expect the staff to use everything in the store???, and then recommend all the same thing. different people are going to recommend different things, if they have different experiences.
    if i put up a post on here saying do you recomend a certain reel, im sure im going to get different recomendations from different people. Do you think they should be all trained to recomend a certain product?? not sure i agree.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Phil
    You can't complain about the service,there is none !

Re: BCF around me

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    do you really expect the staff to use everything in the store???, and then recommend all the same thing. different people are going to recommend different things, if they have different experiences.
    if i put up a post on here saying do you recomend a certain reel, im sure im going to get different recomendations from different people. Do you think they should be all trained to recomend a certain product?? not sure i agree.
    No i don't expect all the staff to have the same opinion or to have tried all the products. I guess the point i was trying to make was that additional information from sites such as this assists in product knowledge before going through the door.

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Dont you think you should take it up with your courier phill?
    Obviously , I did.

But was providing " feedback " to that store and they were not interested in their product. Once it left the store and as far as I was concerned, it was there responsibility until I had it in my hot little hand. If their transportation program is not up to spec, then it is THEIR problem. Hiring an intellectually challenged courier company is THEIR downfall.

If I get bad service / product, I provide feedback.... but more importantly, if I get good service, that feedback is also forthcoming, asap.

What the business does with my feedback is up to them. What ... I... do about that business is up to me.

Anyway........ another life lesson learnt.

As a side issue and not to hi-jack the thread.

I do business with a company every two months ( once only ) and they provide me with a product. When " redeeming " the product to the ' cart ', it clearly states that it will not be posted to a PO box. OK....... so when I click " redeem " ( fancy word for purchase )... it asks if me details are up to date. I click " edit "... I delete street address and type in my PO Box number and " shave my beard and call me normal ".... the item arrives in my PO Box a couple of days later. Apparently , no one is the wiser or really cares.

toodles

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here