Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BCF I'm over it

Re: BCF I'm over it

Rays/BCF/Supercheap all the same company

I find their stock levels poor on a lot of stuff also. Especially rods and hooks. Spoke to a guy that works at Rays who admits he gives up they keep sending him stuff he knows wont sell and they don't send him anything people are asking for.

I also find their pricing very steep on a lot of gear especially on the more expensive items.
    I will always try to use the independents and definitely make use of the internet to price check stuff.

Had enough at BCF Keperra. Asked to speak to manager. Asked him why there werent Zmans motor oil anything and no 1/4 oz no 3 headlox TT.He replied it was eofy and instead of receiving the normal 13 odd wallets they were getting 2-3 mainly of stuff they didn't need. He is hoping the new financial year will seesupply return to normal. Cynical me wonders if SCA is in financial difficulty.

At least they haven't replaced everything with their own brand of gear yet.

Went to BCF Noosa on FRiday to get some 80lb Junkai leader. Had heaps of 40lb & 150lb with nothing inbetween. As I walked out, one of the young lads I know asked what I was up to. Told him no 80lb, just 40 & 150, & his reply was start catching bigger fish!

No amount of public feedback will ever change things. The lack of stock on shelves is because they "oversold" that item......

Scalem

I always take my MO Tackle catalogue to BCF Cleveland. The manager matches their prices - if they have the items in stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Webby08 View Post
    At least they haven't replaced everything with their own brand of gear yet.
    not far off it - a lot of the stuff they have is now being imported under the SRG brand. I went o the caloundra store yesterday to get a couple of canopy fittings - none of what I wanted, it is only 2 mins up the road, wasted trip.

I find the Gladdy store(Happyrock) not much betteither!!..Used to geood service once upon a time ago but no-one in there seems to give F%&) anymore about sevice or help..So only use the plce in need of something urgent that i cant get elswhere..

If you don't mind buying on the web Sneakyfisho.com are the cheapest and will have it to your door in a couple of days it doesn't matter where you live.

It's a market thing, How about Daiwa TD sensor @$80.00 for 150 meters of kite string
    I will stick to the mid range stuff thanks.

Dan

Hi, late into thread. No probs at Maroochydore BCF for me. Have a BCF store in my shed from what I have bought there. Usually know what I want before I get there so not looking for assistance. Stocks appear to be ok although tailor gear needs to be regularily replenished during winter when the Fraser troups hit the place. Also other great local tackle stores in Maroochydore (eg one near the RSL and Swans) who have good range of gear. Still a problem with obtaining live bait at Maroochydore.

Maybe it is time for a "Co-op"of Independants across the state/eastern Australia to combine and force some real competition whilst providing a real point of difference - "quality service" and being price competitive.

Just saying.................

tackleworld kawana on the sunnycoast.... great service...good prices...

So, from what I read here, what people want is a tackle shop where there are staff waiting at the front door to tend to their every beck and call, but with prices which match that which you can get gear for over the web!!!!
    What is that well worn line from that movie........."...tell em his dreamin."
    From what is have seen of BCF, it is somewhat of a supermarket type model. That is you generally need to serve yourself, but with some staff to assist where needed. When I go there these days this is all I want.
    We would all like to see that little corner tackle store continue to exist. Usually the advice there is excellent and they have a reasonable range of stock. They are however not at all perfect either. I have certainly been in some Tackleworld stores which I have only re entered when I knew what I wanted and had to get it there.
    I will say though that BCF does need to look at their store stocking levels. Too often things are out of stock, and sale items are either not in stock, or maybe with 1 or 2 only, and these go quickly.
    Service is a very individual thing, and goes directly with the attitude of the people who work in the shop, no matter where it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantana View Post
    So, from what I read here, what people want is a tackle shop where there are staff waiting at the front door to tend to their every beck and call, but with prices which match that which you can get gear for over the web!!!!
    What is that well worn line from that movie........."...tell em his dreamin."
    From what is have seen of BCF, it is somewhat of a supermarket type model. That is you generally need to serve yourself, but with some staff to assist where needed. When I go there these days this is all I want.
    We would all like to see that little corner tackle store continue to exist. Usually the advice there is excellent and they have a reasonable range of stock. They are however not at all perfect either. I have certainly been in some Tackleworld stores which I have only re entered when I knew what I wanted and had to get it there.
    I will say though that BCF does need to look at their store stocking levels. Too often things are out of stock, and sale items are either not in stock, or maybe with 1 or 2 only, and these go quickly.
    Service is a very individual thing, and goes directly with the attitude of the people who work in the shop, no matter where it might be.
    Lantana...the REASON/S I disagree with your post are manyfold.....

BUT, the most latent is this - "Service is a very individual thing, and goes directly with the attitude of the people who work in the shop, no matter where it might be."

ummmmm, I thought the "CUSTOMER" paid the workers Wages............

and companies are wondering why they are going broke.....go figure !

AND, if you can't work THAT one out.....then I would give up !

Without going any further on just THIS issue alone, WHEN I get the helpful advice of a QUALIFIED salesperson at ANY store, I will generally buy MORE.

OUR business not only runs on "Customer Satisfaction"...but ALSO on the principle of giving our clients MORE than they expect

We dont seem to have any problems with OUR clients.

Ray & Kerri.