Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BCF I'm over it

Quote Originally Posted by shincism1 View Post
    You've got the process wrong. Go to the reels in the case. The ones that cost in the thousands and stare at them very carefully. At this point. Some idiot who works there will see you and think aha! Sale! When he comes on over. Grab him and ask him where the stuff is you really want
    or you could always ask for help

sent from my crappy Samsung phone using Tapatalk 2

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Re: BCF I'm over it

where I am, we are blessed for tackle outlets, we have 2 small time family businesses that offer friendly advice, know your name, will usually give a small discount, have most items I need, they also offer rod building and repirs, reel repairs and spare parts. There is a BCF that has bugger all of anything I need, I have more hooks and trolling gear than they have, we have a tackle world, friendly staff who know their stuff, know your name, have almost anything you could ever think of, have a lure/trace rigging station, a line spooling service and so on, there is also a new comer, Ocean Storm, kind of like a BCF crewed by people who want to help and can usually offer some sort of assistance, so from that, can anyone see why I would think of going to BCF? even though I drive past twice a day during the week, not a chance in hell.

What an absolute bunch of whingers! Have you guys got nothing better to do?

Is it any wonder we Aussies are branded a bunch of whingers by the rest of the world. I cannot believe the amount of dribble coming out of your mouths. If you don't like it don't go there. Simple. BCF is not a dedicated fishing tackle store, nor is is a dedicated camping store. It has some of both.

You talk of BCF ruining the industry for the small operators, look at supermarkets, look at petrol stations, look at any big retail chain and you will see exactly the same thing happening to the small competition.

I think it's time for some of you to have you bottle, put your dummies back in take a nap.

OK, bottle warm, dummy in, bunny rug pulled up tight, ni night!

I wish Gerry Harvey sold fishing tackle.

Imagine the potential damage .... no depost, no interest and no repayments for 15 months!
    Jim

Ooh, better not walk into their Cleveland store, we did once!

i had a couple of gift cards $50 each for BCF ,I threw in the back of my wallet and forgot about them, few months down the track i dug them out and went to use them at my local BCF (noosa) ...only to be told "sorry but they are expired"

no matter what i said they were not going to honor them , they had no expiry dates on them whatsoever ...

so basically my family shelled out $100 and i got nothing to show for it !

Quote Originally Posted by stuart29 View Post
    What an absolute bunch of whingers! Have you guys got nothing better to do?

Is it any wonder we Aussies are branded a bunch of whingers by the rest of the world. I cannot believe the amount of dribble coming out of your mouths. If you don't like it don't go there. Simple. BCF is not a dedicated fishing tackle store, nor is is a dedicated camping store. It has some of both.

You talk of BCF ruining the industry for the small operators, look at supermarkets, look at petrol stations, look at any big retail chain and you will see exactly the same thing happening to the small competition.

I think it's time for some of you to have you bottle, put your dummies back in take a nap.
    The biggest whingers, are those who whinge about others whinging.

Just saying.

Lol
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

I Love them Hey Boony They have great giveaways at time
    Shhhhhhhhhhh Secret LOL
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Oh boys go down to your local Bottle O, buy a carton of Great Northern Beer (Cans Only)
    and you can get a $20 voucher with every carton .HOW GOOD IS THAT. No on a more serious note yep once again the Big Boys CRUSHING THE LITTLE BLOKES it does P me off.
    Myself i go to Allround Angler Caboolture good bunch of blokes nice range of goodies. Go The Locals F... the Big Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    or you could always ask for help

sent from my crappy Samsung phone using Tapatalk 2
    You've got to be able to locate the staff to ask for help...

The service can range from worse than useless to expert. A couple of the best fishos I know have worked there. Prices are generally high but the specials can get me in at times. They do need to watch the stock control on small items like hooks and swivels as they are often out of the basics. You had best get used to them being the major player for quite some time to come as most of the small guys will fall by the wayside. I know what I want and buy a lot of gear online now so the domination of BCF does not worry me too much
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by shincism1 View Post
    You've got to be able to locate the staff to ask for help...
    ive always found a staff member at the register, usually always someone there, just my experience though.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

There is one thing that BCF do that they excell at. Their advertising.

I really love the "This is Living" television ads!! They are well done, crack me up sometimes and really make me want to go fishing, boating and camping.

Cheers,

Reformed Whinger
    Jim

Hi
    Was given a voucher for Xmas and so off i go to BCF-- specials for Flares as ours had just expired. Great I thought.
    Rang first--yep we have plenty in stock. Arrive and ask for Flares--Oh sorry they are out of stock but we have some here that are 3 months old and you can have about 5 bucks off. Yeh right.
    this is the second time i have had trouble with them and not having stocked items.

Hey it could be worse. I went to another store up the road as they had sinker moulds on sale. Got to the checkout and the guy asked me what they were used for. HAHA.

Stick to my local - Dan and the boys at outback.

Mrs H