Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
OK..... ???

I arrive back home after 10 days interstate and switch on Tele. Just for the hell of it, I try the remote.

It works.???????????????

Now, I did switch off the tele at the wall for the time I was away ... is it possible for a LED LCD HD TV to " re-set " itself ??

Cyber space and IT stuff ...... plays with my head !!!!!

LP

It is quite possible that it has reset something in the electronics in the TV by disconnecting the power to it. Depending on the brand and type of TV it may be need a firmware upgrade which will sort out the remote control issues. I just had a similar problem with my new Samsung TV last week where the remote would stop working until I turned the TV off at the wall, I had to download the latest firmware onto a USB stick and plug it into the back of the TV to fix the issue.

I also had a problem with the LAN adapter in mine and have since learnt that the staff in Samsung customer care have no idea what they are talking about. I spoke to 4 different people who told me 4 different things before I actually convinced them to book a technician in to come out and fix it.