Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 x 4 tyres ?

Re: 4 x 4 tyres ?

Brett at Hacketts discount tyres has what he call " take offs" in that size dirt cheap . This were taken off brand new utes at the mines to fit they required muddies . Dunlop at22s . I running this set for 15000 k , first one lasted 50000. Price is well under anything else .
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Im loving my Hankook RF 10's light truck. Unreal in the wet very quiet on the highway and have an aggressive tread pattern for an A/T. A heap better than the Maxxis IMHO. They are cheap as well check them out i got mine at Jax tyres Aspley

maxxis 751 not so good in wet - go notouriously hard and dont wear out! I went for the newer version AT700. have been good so far but only done 20000 klms

So what are your thoughts lucky one?

Got tired of looking around, have always been in the $300 per tyre bracket and decided the old truck won't be around long enough to get my return on investment. Out of convenience rolled into Kmart auto and put highway profile Khumos on. They would be perfect for sand and loving the grip in wet weather, quiet, balanced, very confident after about 5 months running. I reckon they might grab some air too, they feel like i am floating! Perfect!

Scalem

well, not decided.

Have been made a couple of offers from members for a deal.

Most likely I will go with mate that is going to supply wheels.

Whatever it will be, they will be no more aggresive than AT's... more HT;s.

There is a big variation in prices...... I don't know if a $330 tyre is going to be twice as good as a $170 tyre ??

I have it on good authority that some... cheaper tyres....... really won't balance up properly and with the highway travel I do, I need a smooth..non shaking... steering wheel.

Truck due 2 weeks. decision time.

Cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Getting 4 new tyres for the RAV4 tomorrow and looked at Bridgestone Dueler, Coopers, and went the Yokohama Geolandar - supposed to be very good for wear (twice that of a Dueler - got 40K from the duelers on it now and they are cactus and should get 80-100K from Yokos which have been extensively tested and going strong past 80K mark) and traction and quiet etc etc - highway tread is good on sand too - as I have found through many years of highway tyres on my Patrol. The guy at the tyre place said quite a few things good for the yoko tyre too such as replacement for damaged tyre under 50K and some sorta service thingy with wheel alignment included i think - anyway if you are interested you will check it out - just do a google and talk to a dealer. Duelers were $269ea and Yokos $294ea for RAV
    Cheers

Trev

Is you truck going to have a sh!tty bullbar or a decent roobar?

ARB. = Awesome Roo Bar

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here