Thread: The Great Sandy Marine park - Potentially a Rec Fishing Mecca !

The Great Sandy Marine park - Potentially a Rec Fishing Mecca !

The report loaded as a hyperlink below ( I could not get it to load as an attachment as it was too large ? ) has now been presented to the Fraser Coast Regional Council, Fraser Coast Tourism , Ted Sorensen and will be presented in person to Minister McVeigh & the Premiers adviser this afternoon. Feel free to share and I encourage every one who fishes our region to join The Fraser Coast Fishing Alliance ....

Regards
    Scott Mitchell
    Chairman
    Fraser Coast Fishing Alliance

http://www.scotto.com.au/cmsdocument...20-%202013.pdf
    Last edited by Scott Mitchell; 24-02-2013 at 07:11 AM.
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Re: The Great Sandy Marine park - Potentially a Rec Fishing Mecca !

Interesting read there......
    -solution to the commercial sector still not found.....
    -removal of licences does not solve the problem.......
    -the approach to the problem needs to be by regulating imports and exports......
    -without regulating the imports that supplies our seafood outlets we are not addressing the major problems......
    -exports exist because of the overseas lucrative dollars.......
    -imports exist because of the profit available to retailers......
    -retailers charge equivalent of the export for their imported commodities......
    -remove imported seafoods and demand local product on the shelves......if the price goes up that is the cost to be self sufficient with better quality and biologically safe seafoods.

Environmental protection from netting is a good thing, bit simply forces greater impact elsewhere that is not locked out.

The commercial sector needs to exist, it's practices can be modified, new tactics such as tunnel netting are much less harmful. Bycatch can be safely eliminated.

We are kidding ourselves if blocking access around the country to the commercial sector and in some places the rec sector is believed to be a solution to the Australian fisheries and it's participants.
    Jack.

Pretty positive meetings this afternoon with John McVeigh , Scott Spencer, Melinda Hashimoto, Rhys Turner ,Glen Elmes, Steven Dickson & Dr John Glaister. They are all well aware of the issues with the GSMP and believe we will need to ramp up our campaign as we lead up to the full term review in 2016. Although an election buy out may also come up later this year .......

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Good work Scotto / Scotty / Scott...........

Every man and his GT knows that the Great Sandy Straits and Hervey Bay can be an Internationally sort out fishing destination, if only commonsense prevailes.

Certainly, I understand the commercial sectors issues and concerns, but like everyone else on this planet, we have to move forward with the times and adapt.

Has the FCFA looked into fish farming ( mackerel ) within the confines of Hervey Bay. I am aware that a Scallop or Oyster ? Farm was mooted or trialled a while ago, so did this go ahead or happen ?

I also believe there is a case for more artifical reefs up there. Maybe the area around Rooney's is worth considering.

Keep up the good work.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Cheers Phil - I do believe is momentum building with an understanding form the decision makers that it is in the best interest of the wider community to "correct" our GSMP and fairly compensate the effected commercial fishers who would be removed/displaced.

I am not really familiar with the aquaculture back ground in the bay other than the peal farm which has now failed. I am sure that some aquaculture farming techniques would be suitable here in Hervey bay and always open to discuss these when suitable. I recon there would be some opening for new fishing guides in the bay once the commercial fishing was removed and some of these commercial fishers would make excellent guides as well

Regards Scotto

They may make good guides regarding fishing, but some of them would need their " people skills " upgraded.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here